got a puppy

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Super Mommy
My DH got me a dog today to help all of us when we are sad. I'm worried that we wont be able to care for it if we all go into a deep depression at the same time but I'm trying to litter train it just in case. So I have mixed feelings but have already fallen in love with the puppy. She was born in the pound so she has a really hard time figuring out you need to step over things sometimes when you walk. We think shes a Chihuahua mix. My son named her Athena but DH's cousin keeps calling her Aries. So hopfully she'll learn both names.
September 29th, 2011, 05:09 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, yay puppies are just little bundles of happy!! It might be a positive thing to have something like a pet in your life. It was hard to get up and make sure my cats were taken care of whenever I've been in a down, but I knew they depended on me and couldn't do it for themself, so it forced me to get up and do something. Which I hated at the time, but all in all it was really nice having an animal around.

October 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
yay! puppies are awesome. they are a LOT of work - but maybe that'll help?!

we have two dogs that really help me when I start feeling down about not having a baby yet.

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Super Mommy
DH has been taking care of the puppy because I got a corset piercing before we got the puppy so I can't bend well.
November 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Pets can help bring a lot of happiness into a depression and the extra work that forces us to get up is always a good thing. She sounds adorable!

Married 12 years
Mother of two wonderful boys: Jack (11) and Isaac (5)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search