Why does normal feel weird?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Super Mommy
This is more of a rant

So my medication I guess is working and I feel calm, normal. That said, I'm done with this vacation it's like when you just want to go home after being away for awhile. I know, no matter what, I owe it to my family to continue taking the medication. I have no idea how they dealt with me but they did and still love me . I will keep taking it but why I want to stop taking it, and what if the feeling gets stronger? Days ago had a couple of seconds of thinking I should take all of it so I wouldn't have any to take the next morning (not suicidal mind you). I have no idea why flushing it didn't cross my mind. Anyway, I told DH and he understands how I feel but reminded me of "the skin falley off disease". Also told me that it's not nice for me to leave him with no medication or wife. So why does normal feel so weird?
October 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
LoveMySonshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I knew. I know how you mean. I spent my whole life feeling like I did. I didn't realize it wasn't 'normal' until friends stepped in and made me see a doctor. Since being on medication, I feel better I guess, and it feels weird. It's strange not to feel so terrible. I still have days though, just not nearly as frequent.

October 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
As sad as it sounds I'm glad someone else understands.
November 27th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I know exactly how this feels. When you've been depressed for a long time you get used to it and it becomes a comfort zone. You have to learn to live as a "normal person"...and it actually takes a lot of work. Sometimes it would be easier to just slip back into the comfort zone...I know I struggle with this every day. You're definitely not alone.

Married 12 years
Mother of two wonderful boys: Jack (11) and Isaac (5)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search