Wish I could be back on antidepressants....

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi all, thought I'd post in here. I am on the Trying to Conceive After A Loss board and the Pregnancy Loss board. I want to have the possibility open of TTC again after a miscarriage, so I am not currently on any antidepressants although I think I still need them. I kind of wonder if I lost the last one due to being on Zoloft at the time I got pregnant. I know there aren't any meds that are 100% safe for pregnancy, even St. John's Wort isn't safe.

Right now we're not trying/not preventing and so in the off chance I get preggers, I don't want any medication on board. At the same time I walk by that bottle of Wellbutrin and wish I could be taking it again. I wasn't really free of the depression while on it and Prozac but it did help ease it I think. I think I need to put that pill bottle away where I can't see it. It's a temptation to me right now.

I can't bear the thought of another miscarriage so I want to be as healthy as possible, unfortunately I don't do much with myself due to the depression so I know it's a battle both ways...whether being afraid I might hurt a new life by my less-than stellar lifestyle or hurting it by taking antidepressants. Sucks! Thanks for listening.
June 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Veteran
My OB told me that if I need to be on something that Zoloft is the safest, I have anxiety and have been fighting it for a while. She said she has 100's of patients on zoloft that have healthy babies and that breastfeed with no issues. I would say if you NEED something ................... go on something.

I just started a lowdose of zoloft last week because i have been having panic attacks again. she promised me its safe.
June 25th, 2012, 01:53 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, I did end up going back on meds, I'm going to wait on TTC for now and get my mental health in order. I used to be on Zoloft during my last pregnancy, but it stopped working for me. My Dr. tried upping the dosage but it made me agitated.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM
check out pill injury lawyer. It talks about SSRI medications, like Paxil, Zoloft and Prozac. These are dangerous for pregnancies. I've said on other discussions, try less or no coffee, walking and exercising, and even a comedy to laugh off stress. Try to stay away from pharmaceuticals as much as possible.
October 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Super Mommy
Get all of your hormone levels tested. I was listening to a Dr. one time a couple months ago and he only works with natural hormones. One of the things he was saying is everything from moods (depression) to thyroid is controlled by hormones. Even in men when it is their thyroid or dealing with depression, they are having a hormonal imbalance. Especiallly after having a miscarriage. Your progesterone levels would have been rising swiftly then suddenly crashed. Another thing he said was on the molecular level antidepressants are just 1-2 away from cocaine. That is why there are so many side effects and they are so hard to get off of. Just something to look into.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search