Getting up when you are down

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 06:54 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am getting really frustrated with my moods. Even when I take my medication consistently, I keep having mood swings. I will be really really up for a few days, then really depressed for a few days. Sometimes my moods will swing even faster than that but I always know when I am on an upswing that the depression is coming next. I felt really good last week just to wake up depressed on Friday. When I get depressed I don't want to get out of bed, I barely do anything. I don't want to workout and feel like I just can't do anything. The depression episodes are hard to deal with. I feel upset whenever I come out of them and start feeling normal because I didn't get anything done, didn't workout, and get behind on everything because I'm doing nothing for those days.

What do you do to deal with life when you are down and stay productive? Do you have anything, other than your meds, that help you to feel better and get through it? I'd just like to at least be able to stay on top of my life when I get like this is screwing up my life/productivity/goals/etc.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 2nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have this same problem. I feel like lately my meds don't help me at all with my anxiety and depression. I just get so down and cry and all i want to do is sleep.
Some days I am able to just give myself a pep talk and tell myself the things that are good that make me happy and how I want to be a good role model for Zoe and I need to just get up and get stuff done for her sometimes that works. I started back to college this summer and I am taking 3 classes online that has kept me pretty motivated to make good grades.
I also sometimes just listen to some upbeat music and try to just pep myself up that way. But im like you somedays I wish I had something to just get me out of the rut!

July 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
Meds stopped doing anything for me, and the more powerful ones made it so I could not even function. I have gone more spiritual and am trying a combination of working out, yoga, meditation and acupuncture, as well as affirmations and a 28 day course I found that is supposed to help change your focus by helping you focus on things you are grateful for. I am not sure if this will work either, but at least for now learning about all these new activities is a good distraction.
July 29th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Physical activities always help in releasing energy. Meditation will help but will take time. You should just keep telling yourself that there's no point thinking so much about things. Try to gain control over your mind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search