Anxiety/panic attacks?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Who has anxiety or panic attacks? Do you also have another issue or just anxiety/panic?

I have major issues with anxiety. I don't have full blown panic attacks that often but I do get them. Mostly when I do I will have chest pains now and that can freak me out. I've woken up in the middle of the night even with chest pains. I thought it was my heart at first, even though I have had panic attacks for years. I didn't start getting them with chest pains until a couple years ago.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have them if they are back i get to where i cant breath it feels like i am suffocating thankfully it doesn't happen often. Before my meds if i was in large room or store with alot of people I would freak out and get really itchy and break out in hives. The Zoloft has helped with that and the depression.

August 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoes_Mommy View Post
I have them if they are back i get to where i cant breath it feels like i am suffocating thankfully it doesn't happen often. Before my meds if i was in large room or store with alot of people I would freak out and get really itchy and break out in hives. The Zoloft has helped with that and the depression.
I have heard that zoloft is used for anxiety. I'm glad that it work for you. I don't feel like my anxiety (or my bipolar for that matter) are under control.

August 14th, 2013, 08:57 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could tell a difference when they lowered my dose at the begining of my pregnancy I went down to 50mg and I got a lot more anxious if I was out and esp at work if there was a lot of people crowded in one room. I was also a lot more moody and sensitive. I have since gone back to 100mg and I am not seeing this as much.

August 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM
oceanwaves's Avatar WTTC
I do. I feel like I can't breath and that i am going to freak out any second. I am worst in groups of people, so sometimes being at work is really hard for me, or the mall or an amusement park. Usually if I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing I can get under control again. Retreating to a bathroom stall for 5 minutes is surprisingly soothing.
August 15th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Goddess View Post
I do. I feel like I can't breath and that i am going to freak out any second. I am worst in groups of people, so sometimes being at work is really hard for me, or the mall or an amusement park. Usually if I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing I can get under control again. Retreating to a bathroom stall for 5 minutes is surprisingly soothing.
I've done that too. I sometimes will just have to leave the room if I feel like I am going to lose it.

August 19th, 2013, 03:06 PM
amandabanana's Avatar Veteran
I've struggled with anxiety for a really long time and right now I take Citalopram but I used to have to take Xanax when I would have panic attacks because it was so bad I couldn't go out in public for a long time. Thankfully now I don't have very many panic attacks, but I do worry that when I go off my meds for pregnancy that the anxiety will come back.
August 23rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. Panic attacks AND anxiety attacks. They're even worse when my depersonalization disorder is acting up. I hate them and they can just leave when ever they want to LoL! I'm like most of you, I have a hard time in public and have been diagnosed with social anxiety. I am really a fun, out going person but when I'm around a lot of people I don't know or in a big store; I feel like I'm just going to flip out. Other than the physical aspects of it (feeling light headed, heart beating a billion times a minute, sweating, etc...) I feel like I'm going to do something stupid and everyone will look at me and think I'm nuts-o. It's all the "what if's" that suck the most.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search