Hello

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By ..Michelle..
  • 1 Post By MommytoZoeAlyssa
  • 1 Post By amandabanana
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By ZaydensMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, see it's kind of quiet in here. Just wanted to share a little about me. I was diagnosed with BiPolar 1, depersonalization disorder, slight agoraphobia, social anxiety and panic disorder in 2001. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks to get my meds under control when I told my doctor I was afraid I could hurt others.
I had a great psych but when it came to my pregnancy in 2008 he totally dropped the ball. Roman was born at 30 weeks gestation with severe hydrocephaly (Water on the brain), he was blind, had cerebral palsy and seizures. After 5 days and 14 hours on respirators and other machines, Roman passed away on July 6, 2008.
I was taking Depakote and Paxil my whole pregnancy. They are both drugs that are class C and I should have been taken off them.
No, I did not file any law suits although I surely could have. I lost my son, I lost my sanity, I lost my job and I didn't want to go thru it all.
I've since gotten a new psychiatrist and a new general doc. I'm taking 10mg of Citalopram (Celexa) now and 0.5mg of Lorazepam (Ativan) and weaning off the Lorazepam completely before TTC again. I used to be on 40mg of Citalopram and 6mg of Lorazepam before we started TTC again about a year ago. No, it hasn't taken me this long to wean down medically...I'm just taking it slow for emotional reasons.
So....that's me. Just stopping in to say hello since I just found this board.

August 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board! It is a little quiet I think most people are just nervous to post but once you take the big step of introducing yourself the hard part is over! We have an awesome Host who post a lot of good topics which helps get things moving on here. Sorry for your loss. I think you are doing the right thing with your meds and weaning as you need to. Look forward to getting to know you more
..Michelle.. likes this.

August 19th, 2013, 03:10 PM
amandabanana's Avatar Veteran
I'm very sorry for your loss and I can't imagine what that must have been like for you. I'm glad you have a new doctor and hope things go well for you.
..Michelle.. likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Welcome to the board. I also have bipolar 1 so it's nice to see someone else over here dealing with it. It's a hard disorder to deal with.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I took medication with one of my kids and would never do it again. He was 7 weeks early, had serious developmental delays, and now has autism. I definitely think the meds contributed to his problems.

(((HUGS))) to you. It is a rather slow board but I hope you will stick aroud.
..Michelle.. likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 23rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I'm new to this board too! And HOpe to see some of us stay active in this board just to support each other!!!

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. That must have been EXTREMELY hard. I have a brother who was born with hydrocephaly and has CP.

I want to PM you with some questions cuz I could relate to some of your issues.
..Michelle.. likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaydensMomma View Post

I want to PM you with some questions cuz I could relate to some of your issues.

Sure you can message me! My laptop broke so I may not respond quickly but I'll do my best

It's been almost 2 weeks on the step down. Doing alright. The biggest problems I'm having now are muscle aches. Constantly feel like they're tight and they HURT badly...all in my arms, legs and back. I've also lost 10 pounds b/c I've had nothing but diarrhea and have been barfing (sorry, TMI) for over a week. Doc said it might be from the step down but more likely something viral so now I have to see her for that.
Mentally I'm doing alright. Hubby knows I need to stay calm and he's doing a good job of pissing me off only when he wants a punch (just kidding....humor is kinda my thing )
I haven't really left the house though. But we're very rural and only go shopping once a month anyways. We have a wedding reception to go to tomorrow and I'm hoping I can go.... Just hope I don't need the bathroom every 45 mins like at home :/
I'll try to check in at least once a week. Like I said, laptop over heated and is in for service. Best buy said it could be 2-6 weeks until I get it back Miss Candy Crush Saga already!! LOL!!

Tags
mental health , pregnancy & loss

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search