For the bipolar moms

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
which do you have more problems with mania/hypomania or depression? And do you have bipolar 1 or 2.

I have bipolar 1 and usually I have way more issues with mania than I do depression. I get wired when I'm like this, can't sleep, can't eat, can't sit still, get big ideas, spend money I don't have, etc. The depression I normally have less frequently but it can come out of nowhere and be very intense.

The last month or so I've been depressed but I normally don't stay depressed that long. My moods are usually very rapid cycling.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I haven't been properly diagnosed as Bipolar but has been diagnosed with episodes of bipolar under circumstances.

I do find myself always constantly thinking of things, toss and turn in bed, have bad dreams, afraid I would hurt someone in my sleep.. stuff like that. I hate it.
August 23rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bipolar 1. Same sort of symptoms as you...anxious, spending money, getting drunk, I cheated on my (now ex) husband a LOT when manic. I also feel like I could hurt others when manic. Not like murder but if someone (like a doctor or another authority figure) is telling me I can't leave a room or won't get out of my way; I'm afraid I would hurt them to get away or be by myself. I've never been depressed to the point of hurting myself. I'm afraid to die. I'm sure there is a phobia of dying and I'm sure I have it.

August 26th, 2013, 06:24 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Michelle.. View Post
Bipolar 1. Same sort of symptoms as you...anxious, spending money, getting drunk, I cheated on my (now ex) husband a LOT when manic. I also feel like I could hurt others when manic. Not like murder but if someone (like a doctor or another authority figure) is telling me I can't leave a room or won't get out of my way; I'm afraid I would hurt them to get away or be by myself. I've never been depressed to the point of hurting myself. I'm afraid to die. I'm sure there is a phobia of dying and I'm sure I have it.
I don't really have thoughts of hurting other people. I did when I was younger. But I have had suicidal thoughts before, just not when I'm manic. When I get depressed I have to remind myself that it will pass.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
September 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty, I'm sorry. Just in general. My brother had depression and died by suicide in 2006. I'd hate to feel so down that ending my life sounded like the best thing to do. My brother didn't seek professional help but he called me about an hour before he did it. I was working and couldn't take his call (I had NO idea). When I got out of work I called him back and, of course, got his voice mail. About 20 minutes later the sheriff's officer was at my parents house telling them what happened.
Depression sucks. I wish he realized that his feelings were temporary and hadn't chosen something so final to over come it

December 12th, 2013, 06:10 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My psychiatrist thinks I have bipolar 2. I have depression really bad. The hypomania I'm not sure about-- there are times when I think I could be hypomanic but it's hard to tell with me. Mainly I have really rapid mood swings and crazy depressive episodes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search