How much does sleep/eating/exercise affect your mood?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Are you really sensitive to changes in your sleep/eating/or exercise?

I am especially sensitive to changes in my sleep. If I don't sleep well it will throw my moods out of wack. My appetite changes depending on my mood but I don't really notice that eating more or less makes my mood change but rather the other way around, my mood affects my appetite. And exercise makes a huge difference. When I exercise I always feel better.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 11th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
If I don't get sleep, it makes everything worse.

My appetite def. changes based on how I'm feeling. If I'm having anxiety, I barely eat, where if I'm not having anxiety, I can eat and eat and eat!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

December 12th, 2013, 01:57 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in a manic swing right now and I usually don't sleep which is not healthy but I'm off my meds so we can TTC and my doc doesn't want to put me on anything at the moment. It sucks but I sleep if/when I can.
Same here, my moods affect if/when I eat. Not the other way around.

December 12th, 2013, 07:30 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Exercise is a big mood booster for me, the biggest one in fact, probably as much as meds. But the problem is I am so lazy/ depressed most of the time that it's hard to do. I should be running right now but it is COLD outside. Shame on me.
December 18th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Regular
Sleep is the hugest trigger for me....too little sleep and I can guarantee I will be an emotional disaster. Food....ugh....I have dealt with eating disorders since I was 14 and food is also a huge trigger but I have worked really hard on having healthy behaviors and knowing that I am doing what my body needs rather than what my head is telling me to do/not to do. I honestly haven't tried a lot of exercise because I get super obsessed with it but I can imagine that it would really help if i got up and moving more often...that is definitely the plan when this pregnancy is over. I agree with lapoema though that the hardest thing to do when anxious/depressed is to pick myself up and exercise....definitely need to work on that. Anyone do yoga???? Wondering if that may help my anxiety?!
January 2nd, 2014, 03:44 AM
yup,
According to me that sleeping,eating and exercises has own effect on our mood so we should be keep maintain of these habits properly.Just i want to say that proper sleep,eating and proper exercises work is the symbol of the perfectible life and good health.

Brien shamp
248 Harbor Blvd, Belmont, CA 94002, United States
+1 650-654-4604

Brienshamp Boot Camp

Last edited by Ackley; January 5th, 2014 at 11:28 PM.
February 6th, 2014, 06:38 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Very..i m doing awesome with this pregnancy as opposed to my last just simply because of better sleep, diet, and walking 40 -60 min daily.. and i have very severe anxiety and ocd... if i don't sleep at night well, and don't eat high fiber, nutritious food, and stop walking , i start to go back to my old ways .. obsessing over my thoughts, and moods, i have moodswings, i feel negative about everything, and become very depressed. i strongly believe these things have saved my life, evn tho im not 100% better , i can say im 70% better than 2 yrs ago. I know what you mean about your mood affecting your appetite. The same happens to me, and that y i have a smoothie or shake when my appetite is down, and i automatically feel better.

Last edited by HailandNevansmom; February 6th, 2014 at 06:40 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search