scared and confused

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By feeling alone

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Veteran
Hi, was looking around the message boards and found this one. I suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I also suffer from a bit of OCD, where my mind doesn't want to let go of certain situations that have happened. I am presently dealing with a situation in my life right now that my mind won't let me not think about. It is worse in the evenings though when I am alone. I am on Celexa for depression and anxiety. I just started counselling to help me over come this situation. I have another appt this week and I am worried about what is going to come up with my counsellor this week this is only my second appt. and I am nervous and scared at the same time. I have had to increase my meds for a whole week 2 weeks ago. but for the last week I have been back down to my regular dose my doctor had but me on. Doctor doesn't know about the situation I have been dealing with.

Not sure if I should let her know or not. Not even sure if I should get her to increase my meds to what I have been taking 2 weeks ago or not. I seem to be doing ok with the dose she has put me on. I am scared I am going to have a trigger from the situation that I can't handle and not sure what to do. Please help.

Lisa
January 1st, 2014, 10:18 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Lisa,

You should definitely tell your doctor what's going on. Let your counselor know how nervous you are about what you need to talk about. Be specific you think the situation might trigger you. He/She will most likely ask you to explain what you mean by trigger. We each have different things that trigger us, but our reaction to that trigger is your own also. They are there to help you. You have to let them in on things so they can help. I know it's difficult.
January 16th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Veteran
Hi Spottts,

I went to my doctor on the 9th and told her what was going on the last few months. She increased my celexa and put me on lorazapam they both seem to be working for the most part. I am so glad I told her she was so understanding.
..Michelle.. likes this.
January 17th, 2014, 04:15 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi feeling alone,
I'm so sorry you're having a rough go right now. Spotts is right. By telling your doc, she can prescribe more meds for you. That way, in case you have trigger situations, you'll have plenty of "emergency meds" and not run out before your script is up.
For me, I loved counseling. I felt like I could tell her anything and personally it felt good just to get things "out there" and not keep them bottled up inside. I know it's not for everyone but phew, what a stress relief for me!
to you for seeking help! I know that can be one of the biggest hurdles for some to get over! Super happy your doc was understanding and sounds supportive!

January 18th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lisa,

I'm glad she was so understanding and the meds are working!
January 24th, 2014, 08:01 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling alone View Post
Hi Spottts,

I went to my doctor on the 9th and told her what was going on the last few months. She increased my celexa and put me on lorazapam they both seem to be working for the most part. I am so glad I told her she was so understanding.
I'm glad. I was taking lorazapam for a while. I needed it for a long time to sleep. I haven't taken it in a while but it really helps. I'm glad you talked to your doc and that she was understanding.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search