Going to see my doc today, and questions about natural things to treat anxiety

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2014, 08:51 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I'm going to see my doc today and I'm a little nervous about it because I haven't seen him in a while. I'm under a lot of stress right now, mainly because my dd is really ill right now. She is worrying me so much. But, I really need to see him because the only med I'm taking right now is my lithium and I also have prescriptions for risperdol (helps me a whole lot!) and ativan. I've been taking unisom to help me sleep because that's all I have and I quickly adjust to it and then I'm stuck with horrible insomnia. I hate insomnia almost more than my mood swings.
I've been having a really tough time with anxiety lately. I spent several hours yesterday feeling like I was going out of my mind with anxiety and I don't have anything to take to keep me calm. I was wondering if any of you have tried any natural remedies because I'd like to add that to my routine. I prefer to take natural stuff first and then my medication if I need it but I really don't know that much that helps with anxiety. I have started exercising again and that really does help me a lot but I'm still struggling with anxiety issues. I think I'll feel better when I have my other two meds but I'd like to try some natural stuff to go with them.

The good news is I haven't felt depressed in quite some time and I think my lithium is working really well to help with that. I'm mostly just having issues with anxiety.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
March 28th, 2014, 02:02 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I had a good visit with my doctor and he was very supportive, even told me if I needed to talk to him after hours to just call him. I am so relieved to have all my meds because I haven't been sleeping well.
Spottts likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 5th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Regular
Have you tried acupuncture? I started acupuncture during my pregnancy last November and it worked MIRACLES for my anxiety! I went from taking at least 6-7 Lorazepam a week to maybe 1-2 at the very most as long as I faithfully went to acupuncture. It was super creepy at first but now I look forward to every session and there are so many different issues that it can treat. Unfortunately, it can be quite pricey if your insurance doesn't cover it but my hubby has noticed so much of a difference that he said if insurance quit covering it he would give something up so that we could financially afford me going to acpuncture. Just a suggestion but definitely worth looking into!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search