my anxiety gets to me soooooooo much!

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
I absolutely HATE my anxiety disorder

I'm usually the person who knows what to say to everyone else about coping methods and I'm literally stuck in my room all day today ... I feel nauseaus ... my head feels lousy and I dont want to eat or do anything at all

I get soooooo mad with myself at times like this cause I should be able to beat it you know? its a weekend ... why can't I enjoy weekends?

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 3rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wish I had some advice for you for the weekends. Guess the busy week days are better for you huh? Your a wonderful weekend host Lisa. You have a lot of posts today!
February 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
*Fiona*
miss k is right Lisa... get some rest. Sleep it off for a while. You're probably just tired cos you've let yourself "slow down" after a busy week and it's catching up and overwhelming.
February 3rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you block out your anxiety ridden thoughts all week as you are so busy and then when you let your guard down on the weekend it hits you like a tidalwave.

Have you every tried writing out your thoughts...it can be done in bed.

Having anxiety take hold of you is NO fun and so incredibly draining. I'm the type of person who absolutely hates to be sick, and I'm a bit of a control freak so when anxiety issues hit me it through me for a big ol' loop. That being said after the initial wave hit I started looking into various coping methods, techniques and saw a psychologist. Luckily I still lived with my dad at the time and the local library had a plethora of information and GOOD self help books. I tried T'ai Chi, Biofeedback, meditation, Open focus, reading the bible (and I'm not super religious), homeopathic remedies, I read up on at least five different ways of addressing the anxiety issues. Ok I'm a bit of an obsessive freak when it comes to dealing with this stuff, but I wanted to be well again and I didn't want something controlling my life so I went at it from all angles. My uncle had the agoraphobia and anxiety issues for over 20 years and still hasn't resolved or gotten over it, and that was another reason for pushing to be rid of it.

That being said you are never going to be over anxiety or panic attacks but you learn how to manage your stress and anxiety and the incidence of the anxiety or stress causing an attack lessens big time.

Sorry if this sounds preachy or something but I wanted to let you know there is hope and you can get through this and you can manage your stress and anxiety issues. Hugs.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
February 4th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Sounds like you block out your anxiety ridden thoughts all week as you are so busy and then when you let your guard down on the weekend it hits you like a tidalwave.

Have you every tried writing out your thoughts...it can be done in bed.

Having anxiety take hold of you is NO fun and so incredibly draining. I'm the type of person who absolutely hates to be sick, and I'm a bit of a control freak so when anxiety issues hit me it through me for a big ol' loop. That being said after the initial wave hit I started looking into various coping methods, techniques and saw a psychologist. Luckily I still lived with my dad at the time and the local library had a plethora of information and GOOD self help books. I tried T'ai Chi, Biofeedback, meditation, Open focus, reading the bible (and I'm not super religious), homeopathic remedies, I read up on at least five different ways of addressing the anxiety issues. Ok I'm a bit of an obsessive freak when it comes to dealing with this stuff, but I wanted to be well again and I didn't want something controlling my life so I went at it from all angles. My uncle had the agoraphobia and anxiety issues for over 20 years and still hasn't resolved or gotten over it, and that was another reason for pushing to be rid of it.

That being said you are never going to be over anxiety or panic attacks but you learn how to manage your stress and anxiety and the incidence of the anxiety or stress causing an attack lessens big time.

Sorry if this sounds preachy or something but I wanted to let you know there is hope and you can get through this and you can manage your stress and anxiety issues. Hugs.[/b]
this is why I get mad at myself ... I have done my research, I have tons of books, I've searched on the internet ... I have indepth training from a depression site on how to handle situations, I know what to say to other people ... I know what to do in order to work around the anxiety ... I know all the coping methods ... I just get so FROZEN that I can't do a thing on the weekends ... as someone said ... could be cause I let my guard down and I'm not focussed on the weekend ... I am pretty much focussed at the office even if I'm on JM catching up on posts ... I find a way to stay busy there ... I should do the same thing here at home ... I have good intentions to do that ... crafts lined up etc but I just get soooooooo frozen and have to resort to my anxiety meds and my bed.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 4th, 2007, 07:01 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Perhaps you should talk to your doc honey? xxx
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 4th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Perhaps you should talk to your doc honey? xxx[/b]
been there done that .. its up to me since I have my meds ... today is MUCH better ... I got up this morning and did some stuff to keep busy so I'm not like yesterday so far

My mom told me to lay down since early and I've not done that yet but I will again in a bit .... only so much my meds could do

as I said ... I know the coping skills ... I just get soooooo mad at myself for not being able to go through with it at times

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 4th, 2007, 07:10 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Well that could be making it worse -you've made a change in your life going back to the office full time give yourself a chance to catch up
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 4th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Well that could be making it worse -you've made a change in your life going back to the office full time give yourself a chance to catch up[/b]
hmmmm my anxiety's always been bad on weekends but I have noticed (and actually told mom last night) that it has gotten a tad bit worse since working full time 3 weeks now .. so I think my body and mind need time to adjust a bit

my days at the office have gotten better ... I'm no longer falling asleep on myself like I was the first week ... the 2nd week I was still falling asleep by 6 pm as I reach home ... this third week my energy level seems a bit better so hopefully it will continue to be uphill

The vitamins are working too cause I am also eating properly and on time as well ... my boss is making sure of that ... he nags me about my eating.

Oh! and I had a med change about four weeks ago from Paxil to Fluoexetine (spl???) so this could also be the reason for my body adjusting to stuff ... I feel better on this AD than Paxil btw.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm glad you found a medication that seems to be working better. Paxil is that drug that works on most of the female population so they recommend it for everyone at first it seems. As far as I know it can take 1-2 months for your body to adapt to the new drug. So that coupled with taking on working fulltime explains why your body is out of wack right now.

So I'm echoing what was said above, give yourself time to adjust. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
February 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Well I'm glad you found a medication that seems to be working better. Paxil is that drug that works on most of the female population so they recommend it for everyone at first it seems. As far as I know it can take 1-2 months for your body to adapt to the new drug. So that coupled with taking on working fulltime explains why your body is out of wack right now.

So I'm echoing what was said above, give yourself time to adjust. Don't be so hard on yourself.[/b]
heh ADs I was on in list of order ... zoloft (made me monstrous) ... effexor (made me suicidal) ... paxil (worked well but effects wore off) ... and now fluexetine (spl?)

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search