New-never posted

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Regular
Hi everyone! I have never posted on JM before, but thought that I needed some advice. I am a 27 y/o married to a wonderful husband and we are expecting our baby in June. Right now I am sooo happy. But, I keep thinking that this life is going to end and I am going to miss my husband so much and all my wonderful friends and family. I cant stop thinking about what happens after we all die. I just get so anxious and scared when I think about it. I know that I cant do anything about it, but life after death consumes all of my thoughts. Sometimes I think I am a crazy person...any advice? Is this normal?
February 16th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First Hi and welcome. If you are religous I would talk to your speritual leader. I would also talk to your doctor. Death scares most people but genrally it's not all consuming.

February 16th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
hi ... first of all ... welcome not only to JM but to our board ... great to have you here

I'm Lisa and yes ... your thoughts are all normal ... sometimes when they come in a rush at you like that it's called 'racing thoughts' .... I get them too and I get all anxious and worked up over it

Basically ... with therapy ... talk therapy and coping skills to control the anxiety that MAY accompany it, you can control the 'racing thoughts' by learning to take not only one day at a time but each minute as it comes and for what it is instead of thinking about the 'what ifs and what nots'

we're here with and for you ... we understand ... and again I repeat ... yes .. its all normal ... I'm glad you're happy .. congrats on your pregnancy!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 16th, 2007, 07:33 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Welcome to jm and I totally agree with Lisa!
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

February 20th, 2007, 06:15 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
I also had a big phase of thinking about death all the time. It scares me too even though Im religious. I think about it now and again still just so you know you arent alone in this. Your life WILL change with the new baby but I think its all about managing time. There will be time when your baby will be sleeping for example and you can use that time to do something YOU want. YOU and YOU AND DH time will be very important once your baby is born

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

February 20th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Regular
Thank you guys for all of your advice! It is nice to know that I have someone to talk to. I am feeling a little better, thinking about other things. Thanx again.
February 20th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Thank you guys for all of your advice! It is nice to know that I have someone to talk to. I am feeling a little better, thinking about other things. Thanx again.[/b]
you're welcome ... glad you're feeling a little better

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
*Fiona*
Has anyone close to you passed away recently? And by recently, I mean in the last few years, not just weeks or months?

If so, do you think that's what has set off your fears? I also think, it may be because you are pregnant... thinking about who will look after your child if you or DH are no longer here? I'm sure all parents worry about this.

February 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Regular
I also think that the reason that I am thinking about death all of the time is because I am actually bringing someone into this world. You cant really think about life without thinking about death. Before I got pregnant, I just thought about living life and having fun, and only thought about death every once in awhile. Now that I am constantly thinking about new life, death automatically comes with it. Hopefully these anxious thoughts will end with the end of my pregnancy. If not, then maybe I will need some help after the baby is born. Thanks for the thoughts.
February 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
MinnesotaMommy
February 22nd, 2007, 11:34 PM
Quote:
I also think that the reason that I am thinking about death all of the time is because I am actually bringing someone into this world. You cant really think about life without thinking about death. Before I got pregnant, I just thought about living life and having fun, and only thought about death every once in awhile. Now that I am constantly thinking about new life, death automatically comes with it. Hopefully these anxious thoughts will end with the end of my pregnancy. If not, then maybe I will need some help after the baby is born. Thanks for the thoughts.[/b]
all natural thoughts ... and actually even MORE natural if it continues after the baby is born ... I think about it sometimes too and my kids are teen and preteen ages

If the thoughts are overwhelming though, then seeking help should be an option.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search