Is here the right place for support?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 06:06 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
I dont know if I belong here but I will give an introduction. Im Charlotte and my baby boy was born in September. Ive been having a lot of ups and downs. I have my good days where I feel so happy and days where everything seems to go wrong. Its hard being a mum. particularly when you live somewhere far away from family. I have no family here and few friends. my "day" is Wednesday when I go out and meet other mums. the rest of the time Im mostly at home alone. Dh works long hours and I keep bugging him to move to England with me. I get cross at him a lot. I get cross at my son a lot for silly things like if he doesnt sleep well or if he needs a lot of attention. Then I feel guilty because its not his fault. I MADE him and so I shouls be responsible. I feel lonely a lot and on my bad days Im glad when the day is over so that I can go to bed. When I get cross I sometimes kick things and slam doors..I dont hurt myself my son or dh though. I dont know if talking is enough or if I will need to get professional help. Like I say I have good days too. Ive tried talking to dh but nothing has really changed. Im tired of the one being the one to make an effort. I miss my family so much
Edited to add I went through a big period of depression and self doubt from around 16-19 years old caused by various things.....divorce of parent, losing a friend who committed suicide and generally not knowing where my life was going. I ended up with an eating disorder which ive overcome now and I dont think id have again. Sorry for the ramble

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

February 20th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
welcome to the board

I'm Lisa, mom to Sabrina (almost 14) and Adam (12) ... I'm bipolar1 with generalised and social anxiety and I'm also an insomniac

I'm glad you were so open in your introduction 'cause I was wondering how to answer "Is here the right place for support"

I can speak for myself ... This board is quite supportive ... I find that I am able to be open and write how I'm feeling and no one here judges in any way. There's always someone here who's willing to listen or lend an ear or a shoulder to cry on. We also have our share of smiles too here which is so important and wonderful.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 20th, 2007, 12:54 PM
*Fiona*
Quote:
I get cross at my son a lot for silly things like if he doesnt sleep well or if he needs a lot of attention. Then I feel guilty because its not his fault. I MADE him and so I shouls be responsible.[/b]
Please don't be hard on yourself for this... I'm sure ALL parents feel this way at more than one point in time... whether on a low or not. It's only natural, your patience are being pushed... you are tired and learning the role of mummy, whilst getting to know your son, just as he is getting to know you and learning to do things such a sleep.

Talking is a great help, but if the bad days out-weigh the good, personally I'd recommend you talk to your health visitor/midwife/doctor. Even if just to chat to them, asking for help doesn't mean you are failing as a parent/person. By far... it shows your strength. Feel free to vent or talk to us anytime

February 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
Quote:
I get cross at my son a lot for silly things like if he doesnt sleep well or if he needs a lot of attention. Then I feel guilty because its not his fault. I MADE him and so I shouls be responsible.[/b]
Please don't be hard on yourself for this... I'm sure ALL parents feel this way at more than one point in time... whether on a low or not. It's only natural, your patience are being pushed... you are tired and learning the role of mummy, whilst getting to know your son, just as he is getting to know you and learning to do things such a sleep.

Talking is a great help, but if the bad days out-weigh the good, personally I'd recommend you talk to your health visitor/midwife/doctor. Even if just to chat to them, asking for help doesn't mean you are failing as a parent/person. By far... it shows your strength. Feel free to vent or talk to us anytime

[/b]
I have to ditto Fiona .... I also lose patience with my two kids and my kids are older! ... doesnt mean you're a bad mom ... lol just means that we got healthy kids that know how to push the limits lol

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search