new here

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Regular
Hello, I have a question about continuing anxiety. My son is 7 weeks old and two days after we brought him home from the hospital I had a panic attack, which only lasted 30 minutes but I thought I was losing my mind. I was thinking it was mostly caused by not sleeping more then 1 hour straight since he was born. I don't know why I felt this anxiety, it just came on suddenly and I had an overwhelming fear about going to sleep even though I was so tired. Anyways, I got some needed sleep that night but since then I keep getting anxious around the same time very night (6pm-7pm) for no apparent reason. Not sure if I'm scared that I will get another panic attack or what. This new anxiety doesn't last very long and I usually feel better after I talk to someone about my feelings. I have always been a "worry wart" but I'm wondering if this continuing anxiety is something I should be concerned about or normal hormones/lack of sleep?
Anyone else having anxiety like this?
Any feed back would be appreciated.
February 20th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
Quote:
Hello, I have a question about continuing anxiety. My son is 7 weeks old and two days after we brought him home from the hospital I had a panic attack, which only lasted 30 minutes but I thought I was losing my mind. I was thinking it was mostly caused by not sleeping more then 1 hour straight since he was born. I don't know why I felt this anxiety, it just came on suddenly and I had an overwhelming fear about going to sleep even though I was so tired. Anyways, I got some needed sleep that night but since then I keep getting anxious around the same time very night (6pm-7pm) for no apparent reason. Not sure if I'm scared that I will get another panic attack or what. This new anxiety doesn't last very long and I usually feel better after I talk to someone about my feelings. I have always been a "worry wart" but I'm wondering if this continuing anxiety is something I should be concerned about or normal hormones/lack of sleep?
Anyone else having anxiety like this?
Any feed back would be appreciated.[/b]
welcome ... anxiety attacks can be very frightening ... as a matter of fact I'm fighting anxiety right now as I type this

The fear of getting an anxiety attack also helps bring on the attack as well ... I dont know if you are nursing or not ... if not then you can speak to your doctor about an anti anxiety med and if he/she thinks you should be taking it.

Also ... check out the following link ... has some information about panic and anxiety attacks ... let me know if you need more information k?

Panic and Anxiety Attacks

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 21st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Quote:
hello!
Peeking in from the PPD board. I am nursing and have been taking Lexapro, which is used for general anxiety disorder as well as depression, and it seems to really help and is safe.[/b]
peeking eh? thanks! and welcome!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Hee hee. I admit. I'm a lurker! I do that on several boards. The depression board as well, and I do post there from time to time. I recognized her post from the PPD board and since the meds thing came up here I thought I'd offer my two cents about the meds I'm on. Now back to your regularly scheduled programs....[/b]
you're more than welcome here ANYtime!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search