Question about bfs moods?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Veteran
I dont know if this forum is only about women who are ttc i have never been here before.My bf gets very depressed and when we argue he snaps into this mood thats not even him.He is a very sweet guy but he gets very mean in arguments.Bursts out saying things that he apologizes for just a few minutes later.I know he was on meds when younger but not exactly sure what.I believe it was a personality disorder.Should i be concerned??
September 13th, 2005, 12:59 AM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
First of all hun Justmommies is for Mommies who are TTCing, Expectanting, have Children and/or done. JM also tries to have common topics that may affect a person's daily life and Mental Health unfortunately is one that some of us women do have to live with daily as well be moms and Wives/SOs/GFS. This forum/board can also be used for support others such as, Hubby/SO/BFs/etc...

With that in mind, your welcome to post anything you want regarding your concerns about your BF as the affects will/do affect you as well.

Now should you be worried with what you've told me? YES! If he gets upset awful easily or quick and has trouble controling his anger and you know as a fact he had a childhood issue and was being treated for it, most likey he still has it. He may need to be remedicated or be seen by his doctor to get something to help him calm himself and his nerves.

Have you talked to him (when he was in a good state) yet about your concerns? And that you are afraid his anger is getting overbearing for you? And ask him if he realizes this as well and see if he will agree in his own terms to get "help" whatever it maybe (medication or counseled or both).

But dear if you feel his anger is violent and he can hurt you I will definately do something about it-like you better see a doctor about your anger issue because quite frankly I am worried about you and I just don't want to get hurt if I say or do something wrong in your eyes. Again, approach him when he is in a happy state.

If you are afraid to even to do that-get out and tell him he needs to fix his problem before you will cone back to him- to feel safe again.

HTHS- I am a Social worker in heart (and degree) and also had a EX-H who was violent because personality issues so I know how you must feel. He left me and his 17.5 m daughter because he could not handle his anger anymore nor my hometown. He refused to get help-he thought it was me not him! (I am on meds too for mood swings and depression-(Zoloft and Klorpin).

-Dori
September 16th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Veteran
We have talked about it and i have sent him things to read.He does not hurt me physically.Mostly when we argue he says mean things then like an hour later he says i can not believe i said that.He gets very stressed out and has a hard time sitting still.Its quite exhausting.He has said in the past he would get checked and never did.
September 19th, 2005, 03:46 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
It is never to late! If he knows there is "trouble" go get the help ASAP. But this time you will be there with him as support!

-Dori

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search