just a question.

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2005, 08:25 AM
megan
Ok so for as long as i can remember i've been like this, I tend to think of worst case senerios, 'what would happen if...' , driving down the road and think about getting in an accident and what would happen (not that i want to, but it just pops in my head). I can imagin cars piling up, and smoke and the smell of radiator fluid. Its really weird. Its not only cars but like last night when hubby and i went to bed we heard something (had to of been up stairs neighbors) it sounded like a thud in our apartment. But i couldn't get it out of my mind that what if it was someone who was in our apartment waiting for us to fall asleep, he would kill us, and what about my son (what would happen if he didn't kill my son but just us two, what would my son do, how long would it be before some one came to check on us and see if there was something wrong, why haven't i tried to teach my son how to call my dad if there is something wrong. HE's TWO years old, he wouldn't possibly know when and how to call and explain something like that)? I was almost in tears laying there in bed thinking about this.
But its all kinds of stuff like this that run thru my mind, its not all the time but it is often. I've never really spoke to my husband (or anyone) about it, I don't know if its normal and every one thinks like that. Or if i have a problem, and if i do I don't know what it would be.
Possibly it could be the lack of control factor that i have in those situations. I don't know.

It just bugs me that i think like this sometimes.

I also can recall simple conversations from months to years ago where i have said something wrong or where i should have said something differently. As well as events where i could have done something differently, or where i go thru all the steps i took in that event. I don't know if this has anything to do with the other thing but i figure i'd throw it in anyways.

So any ideas of whats going on in my brain, Is this normal? I really don't know and i'm embarassed to a point about talking with someone about this, even if its just my husband.
September 27th, 2005, 08:47 PM
MnKelly77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MnKelly77
I am SOOOOOO the same way! when it comes to just about everything!! I think its a little anxiety and a little OCDish.. I'm on meds for depression and anxiety.. I've had thoughts like that since I was little.. for example.. if my hubby is not home when hes supposed to be.. I start thinking about all the possibilities that "COULD HAVE" happened, and then start thinking about what I would do, and how I would handle it.. I think we just think WAY too much! lol

Thank you aprilmiracle for a BEAUTIFUL siggy!!!

<3
September 27th, 2005, 09:13 PM
megan
Ok, i was worried it was something that was just me. I will admit I think way too much! What you posted, sounds like me! I do have a very active imagination and i think thats part of my problem. I have anxiety, although its not been diagnosed. i get jitters and the shakes when i'm confronted with a real problem and my tummy turns and i get sick. But i can still deal with things. as for the OCD i don't know if i have that. But I probably do.
September 29th, 2005, 08:59 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Ok you are like what I am a "worry wart"! You worry about almost everything under the sun! What ifs....Why nots?....How come know one else seems to worry or care? ETC....
I admit I have been called a worry wart and sometimes worry too much and worrying over a mole hill. Have you seen the book series: "Don't sweat the small things?" Well, see I do and can't help it sometimes but that is part of who I am, however, if I get a panic attack or feel anxiety coming on I know I must be going overboard-I must be or everyone will have panic attacks right? I have to say I have not worried or had my imagination go wild as you described ALL the time but it does once in awhile. I also worry the "worst" if I don't hear from someone I expect to visit me like car crashing or something happened to a family member (like was sent to the hospital) and no one called me yet.
What it seems what you might also have is Obessive Complusive disorder which makes you obessively worried consistantly-and yes meds might help a little but I am sure you will still worry as I am on anti-depressants myself and I still "worry" but hate to find out more if I get off the drugs! SEE I WORRY LOL. You are not alone and yes you should talk to "someone" about this, it will help I promise! It won't stop but it will help.
HTHS.

-Dori
September 30th, 2005, 02:59 AM
megan
Thanks!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search