Fighting depression

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2005, 01:13 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
As a child I was depressed a lot. I was never diagnosed but as I look back I know that is what it was.

Now I am back in a place where I feel like I am falling into that place again. I really don't want to take meds though. For one thing I have no insurance.

Is there anything else I can do to stop depression?

With all my problems going on lately all I want to do is sleep. I have a baby so of course I can't do that but I tend to stay online a lot and sleep, then weekends if I do go out I really dont have much fun and just want to go home and get in bed.

How can I fight it?
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

October 17th, 2005, 02:55 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
Well, no gaurntees it will just go away but here are some natural ideas/methods to "help" you get through the day better.

1. Take muli-vitamins daily

2. Eat a well balanced meal (eat 3xs a day)

3. Rest or go to bed in a decent hour (have at least 7 hours of sleep).

4. Exercise regularly 3xs a week? or 20 mins each day.

5. Drink more water than soda or other caffenee products

These are suggestions that I have read or seen in various "health guides" and I myself have tried some of these methods; vitamins and more rest and trying to eat better does seem to help yes. I know I should do more excerising but I still feel too fatigue or have no interest. I myself think I might have fatigue syndrome now and dreading to this but am-to call my nurologist for her opinion on this and make an appointment with her about this issue.

**A warning if you start doing these methods ex: the multi-vitamins then decide to stop cold turkey you will feel drained/tired/depressed really quick again as I found out-so do this with caution and if you have any medical issues consult your doctor first on what types of vitamins and/or excerises you can do!

-Dori
November 8th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I wanted to say I started taking Lexapro 3 weeks ago and it really has helped so much. Now I have energy and actually don't let things get me so down.

November 8th, 2005, 08:00 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
yay! good to hear hun
I think I might have to ask my doctor or a pyschrist prescribe that to me-I am hearing a lot of good things about that drug helping so many!

(((((HUGS)))) HUN!

-Dori
November 10th, 2005, 04:22 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you dont have insurance why not go to the state and ask for help? So many people do not realize this but there is help out there for people that dont have health insurance.

I was an independent contractor for years so I had no employer to offer health insurance. I asked government agencies for help in the states I lived in. I made too much money in NY to get on medicaid, but they did find me a program that was based on income. I paid 60.00 a month for my health insurance. My meds alone were 140.00 a month, not including the cost of doctors visits.

I do hope the meds are helping and you are feeling a little better. We are here for you.

Hugs,
~ Missy

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 10th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Us2GiRLs@Nov 8 2005, 11:00 PM
yay! good to hear hun
I think I might have to ask my doctor or a pyschrist prescribe that to me-I am hearing a lot of good things about that drug helping so many!

(((((HUGS)))) HUN!

-Dori
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I really like it. The only thing I don't like about it is it has taken away my sex drive but my realtionship with my dh is going so much better since I started taking them. I don't get so upset at him all the time. I am a lot more easy going now. I have the energy to exercise now as well which before I couldn't make myself exercise at all. I just over all feel a lot better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search