Starting college this week..

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And I'm so nervous! Years ago I started working on my accounting degree and never did finish it. Now I'm finishing it.

This semester I'm taking 2 internet courses and 2 real courses. One of the courses is English composition and I'm pretty nervous about that one. It's been a VERY long time since I've had to write a paper.

My biggest obstacle though will be getting there on time. I have to be there on Mondays and Wednesdays by 8 am. It's a 45 minute drive plus I have to get myself and my three kiddos ready and dropped off at grandma's first. I'm sure my mornings will be quite hectic!

January 17th, 2011, 09:54 AM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can do it! Good job for enrolling! I only have one kiddo but I know the hectic mornings of "did i pack the diaper bag, i have my bookbag, i have my keys...what am i forgeting" and then getting halfway to school after dropping off the kiddo and realising what it was LOL

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
January 18th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep I feel like that will be me tomorrow morning. LOL

January 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, it sounds hectic! I think I'll have a hard enough time getting myself ready for school. I'm starting school tomorrow too, and I'm probably as nervous as you are!

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 18th, 2011, 02:18 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I wish you both the best of luck. Starting school is always stressful cause you are never sure how you are going to manage and all that. Regardless I think that you can do it and update us on how your first day of school goes. Good Luck!!
January 19th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
Here is wishing you two both a great first day.
January 19th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you Jen!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 19th, 2011, 04:10 PM
You are welcome...let us know how the first day went.
January 21st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My first day went really good! I'll copy and paste from my blog/ another post on this board.

It was really nice. I don't think I've had a better first day of school EVER. Not even kidding you. I went to school really early because I wanted to try to get into a math class that I really wanted.

The highlights of the long story?

-I got into the math class I wanted (I already know the teaching style of the teacher, because I've had her before.)
-I checked out the textbook from the library and I finished the homework before I had my German class.
-I had a really good First German class.
-On Wednesday I managed to get some school supplies that I needed without asking my Dad for the money. (He's paying for my schooling right now, so when I don't have to I'd rather not ask my dad for the money.)
-My history teacher is really nice, she gives a lot of extra credit. I will be taking advantage of it.
-Also I went to the bookstore and found the book I needed for math, for $126. I decided I didn't want to buy it at the price. I went online and found it for 45.00.

January 23rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
~jenjen~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~jenjen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~jenjen~
Yay for going back! Sounds like you had a good first week!
January 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
That is great that you had a good first week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search