Hope you dont mind if I join!!

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello ladies!
My name is Bay and I am a 24 yr old mom of a beautiful 3.5 yr old DS and baby #2 due in Dec
I work as a paralegal but will be quitting my job very soon to finish my Master's Degree in Criminal Justice. I am very excited about going back to school for a couple of reasons, 1) not having to work during a pregnancy sounds wonderful and 2) more money in the future!! I am passionate about the law and am excited to continue on this new venture!

I have a question for you ladies, I plan to take summer courses starting on May 23rd and have applied for FA. I will need to take out loans if I am not working so when should I expect to receive student loan money if I am eligible for it? Please let me know and I look forward to getting to know all of you
May 9th, 2011, 10:59 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome aboard! I'm Annie, wife to JJ and mommy to Riley (2). I'm going to school for my RN and will eventually complete my BS in Nursing. I've spent the last two years completing my gen eds while waiting for my start date for nursing classes which was confirmed as this fall semester back in March. I'm sooo excited to have only my core nursing classes to focus on for the next 2 years. I couldn't imagine trying to do the gen eds and nursing classes at the same time

what do you mean, like receive a refund check for the difference between the cost of your school and the amount of the loan you take out? or do you mean how fast will your FA be calculated and sent to the school?

if its the first, totally depends on your school. for mine the refund is sent after the last day to drop/add classes for free if you are a continuing student. if you are a first semester student my school holds it for 30 days before sending it out.

if its the second question it's going to depend on how big your school is and how fast they process the info in your FA office at school. Mine does it fairly fast but we are a smaller school. This upcoming years awards took a little bit longer because they had to wait for the budget to be finalized before they could calculate Pell Grant awards.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search