traditional or online?

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
What kind of classes do you take?
Have you done both?
Did you find one to be easier than the other?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 12th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My school has this thing called BlendEd. You can take your classes in class or all online or a mix of the two. It's really convenient for me since we live in WI and during the winter you never know if you will be able to make it to class.

If it is a core class to my degree I will take it in class but if it's an elective class I will take it online. For me, most elective classes are a lot easier to take online.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
May 12th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
What kind of classes do you take? Traditional
Have you done both? Yes
Did you find one to be easier than the other? I learn better with the traditional classes and therefore I find it easier but the online classes are more convenient.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

May 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
What kind of classes do you take? For the degree that I just finished I had to take both. If I do RN next year then it will be totally online except for clinical. If I do the master's program it will be completely online.

Have you done both?Yes

Did you find one to be easier than the other? I prefer traditional, I think it keeps me in line knowing that I have to go to class on schedule.

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 13th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of classes do you take? I'm in a distance program right now. All online and some assignments were I go into a classroom setting for observations and stuff.
Have you done both? Yes.
Did you find one to be easier than the other? Online is a lot easier for me. Face-to-Face classes are a waste of my time. Every face-to-face I've taken, class discussions get side tracked into personal debates outside the scope of the discussion topic, gossip in general, and students begging for extra credit. With classes being about 3 hours 1-3 days per week, I just don't have time for that.
May 22nd, 2011, 05:56 AM
bunnybaker's Avatar Super Mommy
I just finished a traditional certificate program at nyu and each day I went to class I thought, no way...i cannot do this for years and years to get my masters. I looked into online programs that also have a brick n mortar school.

I'll be starting in the fall with an online program and am super grateful. I need the freedom and flexibility. I took online classes during undergrad and really loved them. But they're definitely not for everyone.

=

May 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I taked classes online that are from an actual brick and mortar school. It is one of the only ways I can get my degree in a decent amount of time thanks to how often we are moving in the next two year due to the military.

I used to attend a traditional brick and mortar school until the end of the Fall 2010 semester when I transferred to the online program.

I find the online easier, but I really like the traditional setting better. I feel like I learn more in that setting.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i would really say it depends on your situation. I've taken online classes, brick and mortar classes, online at-your-own-pace classes, and classroom at-your-own-pace classes. I started school when my son was 5 months old, i was BFing and the first semester i took all online classes because with a little-little one it was easier to be at home, read from a book, do the assignment online and still be able nurse him (thank goodness for multi-tasking! lol). As he has gotten older though, being able to sit at home, keep him occupied, and try to read textbooks is near impossible so it's easier for me to take the class at the college and have in at the sitters. if nothing was around to distract me, i would choose online classes because a majority of them, depending on how the instructor has them set up, you can work ahead as you finish assignments.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
June 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Regular
What kind of classes do you take? I'm a 100% online student but it's offered by a school that also has traditional classes.

Have you done both? I did traditional classes right after high school. After a 12 year break, I'm doing online.

Did you find one to be easier than the other? I love the convenience of online. My school requires that we post a certain number of quality posts per day to get participation points. When I was taking traditional classes, I usually just sat quietly. The online method forces me to participate which is a good thing.
June 27th, 2011, 05:05 PM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
What kind of classes do you take? I take traditional classes. My major is hard to find online and the program that i did find was way too expensive. I'm doing traditional now.
Have you done both? I have.
Did you find one to be easier than the other? I love online classes because its convenient when you have children and working. I loved how i didn't have to travel especially when the weather was real bad out. I could do my assignments at a time that fit my schedule. The only thing i missed about traditional classes was that interaction with other adults and not being to get 1 on 1 tutoring (being able to go to my professor after class for help) when i was having difficulty. But i managed. I wish i was taking online classes now !

Me - Daynuh

July 28th, 2011, 09:37 PM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
What kind of classes do you take? Will be starting them online in Sept.

Have you done both? Never.

Did you find one to be easier than the other N/A.
September 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM
What kind of classes do you take?
Accelerated online rn to bsn

Have you done both?
Yes

Did you find one to be easier than the other?
Since I work full time I find the online classes very convenient – I would never of been able to go back for my degree if it weren’t for the online degree options

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search