Any Adivce on this situation?

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Need some advice ladies! Ok so here is my situation. My husband and I are both going through school and have our 3 1/2 year old little boy (and im also due with number 2 in Aug). We decided with the stress load that I needed to take some time off to adjust to two kids (cuz I was really not starting to handle things well/ him either due to our programs being so intense and draining). I am looking at either taking a full two quarters off of school or trying to switch over completely to online classes instead. I have one year of upper division course work left till I graduate. I know it doesn't seem like much but right now at this point it WAS...to the point where it was hurting our marriage so we decided to be logical and "cut" back on the stress load. I DO need to finish at some point either way. (despite student loans- because they will work with you on payments and your personal situation anyways)

Please let me know what you think. Any of you take time off to be with your baby? Just wondering.
July 4th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boy that does sound like a stressful situation.... I think taking some time off is great.Weigh the pros and the cons- with two kids eventually you will have to start working ( hopefully in your degree field) and the government will be wanting those loans back so finishing soon is a great idea. That being said, taking some time off is a great idea. It will allow you to focuse solely on being a great mom and wont have the added stress. I think maybe taking a semester off first and see how that goes. Try going back to school in January and that way the baby will be a few months old and you will probably go back feeling refreshed and ready to finish. Either way I wish you well!
July 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
I would suggest taking time off from school if you can swing it. Upper level classes can be stressful and take some extra time to prepare projects and such. I agree with the idea that you will probably feel refreshed and ready to return to school if you take some time off.
GL and congrats on the baby and almost being done with school.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search