Any mama's out there planning on being a doctor?

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I'm a Biology major, hoping to make it into med. school in 2 years, then eventually become an OB/GYN. Is anyone else planning on becoming a dr.?
July 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
I'm not, just wanted to wish you luck. I am considering NP school after a few years as a RN.

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 17th, 2011, 04:32 PM
~jenjen~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~jenjen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~jenjen~
Nope but I am going into nursing and would love to work in pediatrics or ob!
July 27th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I thought you were going to be a midwife!! You confused me with your last message about being able to do c-section but this makes more sense lol (don't use my name on here btw)

July 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
I'm planning on getting my doctorate in physical therapy. Does that count?
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

October 12th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Me!! I'm also a bio major, hoping to get into med school in three yrs. As of now I'm thinking fam prac.
November 4th, 2011, 07:17 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I realize this post is a little old, and I just popped in here for the first time, but I wanted to say I AM a doctor (internal medicine) and currently a student again, working on my Masters in Public Health. If any of you mamas want to talk to me about being MomMD, PM me.

Thank you Vicki!

December 3rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLiz View Post
I realize this post is a little old, and I just popped in here for the first time, but I wanted to say I AM a doctor (internal medicine) and currently a student again, working on my Masters in Public Health. If any of you mamas want to talk to me about being MomMD, PM me.
After looking at the school where I'm going to be doing my Masters, I have considered doing a PhD in Public Health instead of the DPT so I can do research and teach when I'm finally done. What are your thoughts on the Public Health tracks. What made you decide to go back and go in that direction?
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

December 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainingWithTonya View Post
After looking at the school where I'm going to be doing my Masters, I have considered doing a PhD in Public Health instead of the DPT so I can do research and teach when I'm finally done. What are your thoughts on the Public Health tracks. What made you decide to go back and go in that direction?
I'm still trying to figure out the answer to that question. I think there is a lot wrong with the health care system in this country and I got really frustrated trying to take care of patients in a system that doesn't serve them well. I thought my efforts would be more useful preventing disease rather than dealing with it after the fact. Especially since medicine has really become too commercialized and docs/hospitals/drug companies/etc make more money off of people who are sick then keeping people well. I guess I got a little disgusted. That being said, I also feel like walking away is maybe not the best answer either, so I'm giving it another go starting in July. I will be working for a public hospital. I hope my MPH training will put me in a better position to change things.

Thank you Vicki!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search