Group projects.....

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Do you enjoy group projects, or does the thought of one send into a panic?
How often do you have to do group projects in school?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
April 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM
TTC #1
I detest group projects. I always hope that I have really bad partners that will let me do everything myself and then take credit for it.
April 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Group projects make me physically ill. I work very hard for my grades, and putting those grades in someone else's hands. UGH! Luckily I am generally lucky enough to end up with the people who don't want to do anything at all, and I am able to do it all myself.

April 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
I have a love/hate relationship with group projects. My first one during this degree was a disaster. The group leader refused to share any of his ideas even though it was his project and one of my team members went to jail. The worst was that I was relegated to doing artwork because they thought I couldn't program because I was a girl. By the time they realized that I knew what I was doing and gave me stuff to do, the semester was over and I spent 72 straight hours finishing the project with no input from any of my team members.

After that fiasco, I took charge of all further groups. I ended up doing most of the work and pulling several fellow students through some really tough classes. Every once in a while a team member will come back to me and tell me thank you. I don't really mind, because I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to that kind of thing.

As far as frequency, I would say that I've had a group project 2 out of every 3 semesters since starting this program.
April 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I completely forgot to answer the frequency part of my own question! lol I have had 2-3 group projects each semester, except for this one where I have managed to get through without any group projects! YAY!

April 18th, 2012, 12:33 PM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
I hate group projects. I always get stuck with people who don't pull their weight. Also I can't be running around at all hours of the day to meet up with people to complete projects. I'd rather just do everything myself. Luckily for us, my school is a business school and a lot of the students come to school straight from work. We don't get assigned group projects because the professors realize we don't have the time to get together and work.

My Chart

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy; laproscopic surgery to remove left tube
April 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I am hoping it will be that way when I transfer to my next school. It's a business institute that deals largely with non-traditional, working students.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search