May Chat

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 03:20 PM
TTC #1
I would love to go to school forever,too. There are so many interesting topics that I would like to learn more about. I guess that is why there are books!

I got some good news tonight - my parents offered to pay $150 per month towards a second MS/PhD. I'm the first in my family to get a BS and now I have an MS, too. I know they would be insanely proud, and my dad would never stop bragging, if I got a PhD. Really, with just a little assistance this could be doable. If I take advantage of the full tuition reimbursement from work and the money from my parents, I would only need about $2500 in scholarship/grant money each year to avoid an additional loan. Looking at it from that perspective, I know I can find a way to make it work out.
MountainMomma likes this.
May 29th, 2012, 05:17 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
That is awesome! I'm glad it looks like it will work out for you!

AFM..I totally dropped the ball today. SHEESH! First day back to school/work (at the school) and I set my alarm to get up and post questions before I left. Yeah... I woke up with just enough time to throw on my clothes, grab my books and run out the door. Flash back to high school! Hopefully I do better tomorrow!

Since I didn't post any questions or remind you to post any questions, feel free to post your own question of the day tomorrow instead of today. lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not me, I've never liked school, dislike it even more now with a family and absolutely cannot wait to be done and will likely never do another course again, lol! Well, maybe a quick and dirty BEd so that I can actually do something with this MEd, but thats it!

fwiw my distance Master's is costing me $1600 for each 3 credit course and I'll have 9 total, whats everyone else paying? That's a really cheap Master's up here but its all online and lots of work

Lucky mother to five!

May 31st, 2012, 02:44 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
My master's/law program I am looking at is like $1200 per credit hour right now, and I am sure that will go up before I get there. Grants are going to be a must. No way can I swing that out of pocket.

I actually met with my business law instructor today for lunch to discuss law school. He and several of his friends were telling me their thoughts on law school, and their experiences at different schools and in the area. I'm getting very excited about the prospect, but it's also a pretty scary leap for me. If you had asked me even two years ago if I could picture myself there, I would have laughed at you.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search