May Chat

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Let's chat! This is a place to tell us anything you want to about anything. Let's set a goal too! How many comments can we get in this thread before May 31st? 50? 100? 150? 200? You tell me. I personally would like to see us hit 100, but that is going to mean a lot of talking! lol Also, for these comments to count for the May Top 50 Boards, they have to be more than just a smilies or a single word. Let's get chatting!

I'm stressing out today. Finals start tomorrow and I woke up sick today. I feel like death. And I didn't exactly wake up either. I couldn't sleep until like 2 am, and then I slept through till aroun 1:30 this afternoon, and I have napped on and off between going over my Accounting stuff (my first final) all day. I still feel like I could sleep for a week! Also, I printed the final (take home, open book test! Best final EVER!) for one of my classes. I did about half of it already and now I can't find it! I've had a rough day. lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
TTC #1
Ohh Stephanie! That sounds like a rough day! I hope you find your test...I know how much that feeling sucks as I have accidentally deleted an entire paper before.

I wrote the essay for the second Master's degree that I am interested in. It is a Master's in Food Studies. I mostly talked about how I am fascinated by how food reveals underlying cultural trends (especially in cookbooks) and that our cultures emphasis on fast convenience foods reveals that our food system is broken (with all the food insecurity and diet linked disease among children). I hope it is good enough. It has been so long since I wrote anything other than business analysis papers.
May 7th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'm sure you did a great job on your paper. I always panic when I turn one in though. I instantly think of about a dozen ways that I could have done better. lol

I did find my test. WOOT! I was starting to think I was going to have to redo it, and with the other stress I've been under, that might have caused a major meltdown! lol

May 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
My finals are done, my garden is in, and I have 17 days left to do anything I want before my next class starts!

So, how is everyone else doing? Anything exciting going on? Anyone still in classes right now?

May 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I have two final papers due - one on Tuesday, one on Thursday - and three finals - one on Thursday, one next Saturday, and one on the 22nd. My MIL just came to visit from Europe (she'll be with us for the next 6-7 months) and we've been getting visitors and I do NOT have time to socialize with anyone nor do I have time to play the polite DIL. I just want to get my stuff done and finish with the semester thankyouverymuch..

Can you tell I'm somewhat stressed?

May 2013 July 2014
May 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Oh my goodness. You definitely have your plate full! Will you have some time off after your final on the 22nd, or do you start classes again fairly soon?

May 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
TTC #1
I am jealous of your garden Stephanie. We always had one growing up. It is one of the things that I hate about living in an apartment.

I need to fill out a new FAFSA. I originally planned on being done with school, but since I put in the application, I want to have a way to pay for it. I just need to figure out where Nick put the tax info.
May 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I still have to do my new FAFSA too. I keep forgetting. I usually do it much earlier. I'm not sure where I put our tax info either. Perhaps I should try to find that.

My kids wanted me to go on a bike ride. I haven't been on a bike in years. I made it 8/10 of a mile before I nearly died on the side of the road. I called Matt and made him bring the truck out and get us. Our goal is to eventually ride to the campground which is 5.3 miles away. I guess we will try again on Monday if I don't die first. lol

May 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Tomorrow I have an appointment with an admissions counselor at the school I am considering to go to for my bachelor's degree. It's crazy that I let myself get so nervous and stressed out over something so simple! lol I mean, it's just a tour of the campus, and looking over my transcript to make sure everything in on track for transfer to start there next summer/fall.

Does anyone else get this stressed out?

May 17th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMomma View Post
Oh my goodness. You definitely have your plate full! Will you have some time off after your final on the 22nd, or do you start classes again fairly soon?

I start up again on the 31st. I'm actually somewhat relieved since I'm done with the majority of all of my courses. I have 5 classes left - 3 accounting, 1 english (elective) and a business policy course that every business major needs to take. The thing with the accounting classes is that I'm not allowed to take all of them together so I have to spread them out. One in the summer, one in the fall, and one in the spring. As annoying as it is since it drags out the days until graduation, I'm secretly glad that I can focus on each class separately.

May 2013 July 2014
May 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Oh, that would be nice. They don't put any limit on how many accounting classes you can take at my school, so in the spring of 13 I will have 3 separate accounting classes and 3 other classes on top of that.

May 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM
TTC #1
Stephanie, that sounds like a rough spring semester for next year!

I am trying to figure out how to pay for the program that I am interested in. With a preferred employer discount and what I get for tuition reimbursement, I could get about half covered if I spread my classes out over 4 years. So I would still need to come up with about 15k (this would be on top of the 25k I have out for the MS in marketing that I just finished). I just don't know if I can justify this expense since it would not guarantee that I would be able to move into a higher paying position to offset the expense. I am meeting the program director on Thursday to tour the campus. I plan on asking about scholarships and TA positions at that time. If I could bring my cost down to about 6-8K total through grants, scholarships, or assistantships, I would do it in a heartbeat!
May 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
I hope you are able to get some help with scholarships!

I just found out today that I am eligible for a grant that will pretty much cover my ENTIRE summer tuition/books! I have to rush through the paperwork now, and get it back in the next day or two, but it will be so worth it if I get the grant!

May 21st, 2012, 09:59 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
That's awesome!

May 2013 July 2014
May 24th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Well, the paperwork is finally all completed and going in the mail. Wish me luck! I really need this grant!
I start my first class next Tuesday. I'm kind of nervous about it. It looks like it's going to be pretty tough.

How are things going for everyone else? Enjoying visitors? Having fun during your break from school?

May 25th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had some time off school-doing one condensed course now and then the next one starts end of June for three weeks
May 25th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I have a 4 week condensed course coming up in July. The online one that starts Tuesday runs through the end of July. I guess I'll have about 3 weeks off in August. I had really hoped for a long break this summer, but that didn't happen. DH gets a 14 week break from school because he isn't taking summer classes. Not fair! lol

May 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM
TTC #1
My classes have always been pretty much back to back. I will be done with my prerequisite for a CDM license mid July and then will be starting back at the end of August either for the CDM or a second MA, depending on how my scholarship/grant search goes.
May 28th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got to start looking for grant money or something, I think this the last course I'll have covered with proff dev money until January
May 28th, 2012, 07:44 AM
How fast I end up being able to go back after my bachelors to work on my Masters/law degree is entirely dependent on finding enough scholarship/grant money.I hope that it will work smoothly and I will be able to get back in quickly.

I would stay in school forever if I could find the grants and scholarships to cover it. I love being in school and learning how to do new things!
amandaleigh likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search