Oh so confused

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
So, I just got back my graded Business Law final. My instructor seems to think that I might have a future in law. We were offered the chance to earn some bonus points by answering a question off the bar exam. Part of the material in the question was things that we hadn't even covered in class. I ended the class with a 102% this semester. The first semester was like 108%. My instructor would like to meet to discuss my options.

Gosh, I really don't know what to do. Even when I was little, that was something I wanted to do. I never thought it was really a possibility though. I struggle a bit with self esteem, and to be honest, I never thought I was smart enough before. Now..... I don't know..... it almost seems possible. At the same time, I feel like it would be a selfish move. It would mean being in school a lot longer than I originally planned, and it would mean A LOT more expense than I planned for. I almost feel like I would be cheating my kids because I would need to be so focused on school, and they would be out of the house before they could ever benefit from the benefits of pursuing a law career.

-sigh- What to do, what to do?!?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 16th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it's a waste. They might not benefit from the money but they'll benefit from seeing their mother pursue a dream and believe in herself.
May 16th, 2012, 01:20 PM
My big thing is that I already feel like I have robbed them because I spent so much time as a single mom working tons of hours at multiple jobs trying to support them. I know I did what had to be done, but I feel like they suffered because they didn't get much time with me when they were little. Now they are older, and I am thinking about 'running away' to law school. I just hope that when they are older, they understand why I had to spend so much time at work or at school.

May 17th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember Rose View Post
I don't think it's a waste. They might not benefit from the money but they'll benefit from seeing their mother pursue a dream and believe in herself.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

May 18th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Well, I think my current plan (which ironically lands me in school for even longer!) is that I will continue as planned, getting my A.S. in Accounting and Business Administration, transfer to AIB where I will get my B.S. in Accounting and Business Administration (which will give me enough credit hours to sit for the CPA exam). At that point, I will likely find a job for a year or two while DH finishes school, and then I will go back to law school for a joint J.D. and a M.B.A. It's going to be a very long road and require a lot of hard work, but I'm excited about it. I just wish I would have started it 10 years ago!

May 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM
TTC #1
That sounds like a great plan!. It will give you some time with your kids once you have finished with your B.S. and still allow you to continue on to an advanced degree.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search