How's it going?

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SassyMama
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Most of us have been in school for at least a couple of weeks now. How are things going. Are you doing well? Struggling? Let us know how things are going so far.

AFM..... life is insanely crazy at the moment. I swear, I will catch up here sometime soon! Most of my time has been spent at camp, away from temptations like tv and internet and focusing on my classes. lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
September 12th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Happy Mommy
I'm taking this semester off, but meet with my counselor on Monday and I am ready to go for spring again
September 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
So far, so good. I've managed to keep ahead of my homework/reading schedule just to stay on top of things but we have SO many group projects this year! I HATE group projects and having to get together outside of school and rely on other people for part of your grade. Ugh.
8forus likes this.

My Chart

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy; laproscopic surgery to remove left tube
September 19th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing an instructional leadership course, I'm already behind

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
September 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'm keeping my head above water mostly. I started out staying ahead, but I fell behind a bit when my kids came home. Thankfully I do not have any group projects to deal with this semester! I already know I will have quite a few next semester though. -sigh- I hate group projects.

September 20th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I like to procrastinate and do all of my assignments the night before, I hate it but its so nice avoiding the work lol
MountainMomma likes this.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
I'm trying to get a head on a lot of my courses because I don't know what to expect since this is my first semester ever. My semester runs from Sept 17 to Dec 14.

September 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Oh Marie! You are a woman after my heart! lol I have to do an entire week worth of assignments in my Small Business Management class tomorrow because it's due at midnight tomorrow and I haven't even started it. lol

September 22nd, 2012, 08:09 PM
oh Stephanie lol! I was just looking tonight to see what I have due for class next weekend lol

November 1st, 2012, 12:22 AM
Its hard going to school and juggling kids. kudos
November 1st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Veteran
Semester is going great! All A's so far - not overloaded on homework - only one month left before finals - already registered for my classes next semester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMama View Post
I HATE group projects and having to get together outside of school and rely on other people for part of your grade. Ugh.
This is a pet peeve of mine as well. A few semesters ago when we were being told we were doing a group project I tried to keep my expression schooled but I must have done a bad job because my professor pulled me aside and asked what I didn't like about group projects. So I told her - since I'm older the kids usually rely on me once they find out I 1) care and 2) know my material. And there's nothing I can do about it because they just miss all their deadlines and I wind up putting it all together and doing most of the work because of it and the fact I want a good grade. I can't stand relying on other people for my grade and as a consequence they get good grades because I did their work. -- This particular professor told me to give her a summary of how each person performed in their parts at the end and she'd grade accordingly. In fact, she was moved to make a sheet where we all graded our partners at the end and she announced that this paper would affect our grades depending on how the other partners graded us as well. Unfortunately no other professor really does that.

I only have one class I *love* doing group projects in and those are my archaeology classes - we all have a passion for what we do and not one single archaeology site is worked on by one person, it is always a group of people. Everyone pulls their weight and we all have fun ------ BUT we aren't having to meet outside of class and we simply email each other our parts and one person takes turns putting it all together. Out of all my years in college - those are the only group projects I have EVER enjoyed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search