Not motivated anymore

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
I've been headed down the nursing path for the last two years. Due to work and such I was taking a prereq here, a prereq there. Then I enlisted in the Army NG and they were able to pay for all my tuition so I went full time. Well low and behold our lovely two forms of BC didn't work for us and now I'm prengnat. NG is on hold, as welll is the tuition assistance obviously, and I find myself just not giving a hoot about school. I was so excited to get into the Guard and be a medic, then come home and continue with my schooling to become a nurse. Now, nope don't care.

I'm normally the gal that's early to class, has all her homework done, color coded planner, notecards, everything put together. Lately, I'm late almost daily (if I even go at all) I'm scrambling to get my homework done, and I haven't touched my planner in weeks.

It's not like this baby is the end of the world. In fact, postponing my enlistment actually gives me the oppurtunity to finish out a GS Associates and re-enlist as a higher rank. I just don't know what's going on with me. Why can't I seem to kick this sense of absolute dread with school? I registered for Spring term, but keep wanting to drop the courses.

I'm afraid of spending the money and flaking out. With such a high demand in nursing school, I can't afford to flake. I have to get all A's. You know? I mean hell, it's to the point where I don't even want to be a nurse anymore.

Anyone else go through this funk?

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

March 3rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling about the pg, is it stressing you out-I'm just asking about your loss in your sig. I'm a nurse and I love it, amazing work with incredible career opportunities, especially with a family. I say push through, you never know what the next five years will bring. You sound very motivated normally, maybe pg hormones are knocking you around a bit?
March 5th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
When I first discovered I was pregnant there was quite a bit of worry regarding my previous loss. However, I know the chances for this baby to have the same genetic disorder is slim to none. Noah had Meckel-Gruber Syndrome, a rare autosomal recessive disorder that is fatal. The genetic counselor that we met with said we were only the third family known to have this, and it's a HUGE university hospital (the largest in our state I believe) Well, this baby has a different father and quite frankly I couldn't imagine that I'd end up with yet another carrier of this rare gene. So... I pretty much have accepted that this pregnancy won't end like the other.

However, that being said, it is difficult for me to really get excited. I mean, I don't want to buy anything. Nothing. Maybe it's because I don't have a place to put it as I'm crashing with some friends at the moment. Jake wants me to move in with him when the baby is born, but I'm just not sure about it.

I don't know if I'd say I'm necessarily stressed about the pregnancy in particular, but it sure adds to whatever is going on. Lately I just want to curl up in bed and stay there. Hell, some mornings it takes my growling stomach to finally get me up around noon. I wouldn't say I'm depressed, overall I feel fine. Just lacking the motivation to further my life...

I have no clue if that makes any sense.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

April 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I have been there with the lack of motivation. I get there every so often. And sometimes I need a break and then start back. If you are the type that cannot stop and go and end up not wanting to go back then I would not advise that. It is more like getting burnt out. With the military or pregnancies that can happen. It can happen to anyone else but you know what I mean. My husband is active duty military so I can completely relate to all that is going on at this point however I know the pregnancy can bring you down as well. Just try to push through the best you can and hopefully it passes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search