I have to go back after baby!!!

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2007, 07:20 AM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I was hoping that I could get my last three classes over before I have this baby in August. Each class lasts for four weeks so if I had all three classes in a row I would be done a week and a half before the baby comes. However, yesterday I found out that won't be the case. After this four weeks they are having Networking I which I already did with an A. Computer Repair II is the four weeks after that which I need to take. Then they will be having another class. And even if they have Server Operating Systems after Computer Repair II I can't take it because I will be having the baby during the second week on August 22nd. If they have a class after that I still can't go because I will be breastfeeding and my milk supply won't be established like it should until he is 4 weeks. So unless they can work it out for me I am screwed.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

May 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aw hunny! I'm so sorry to hear that! do you have to wait till next year?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 16th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Right now it's up in the air...I am not sure...I hope not...Especially not for just one class that lasts only 4 weeks...I might forget everything by then.

May 16th, 2007, 11:39 PM
mouse_1203's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear that! Any chance you could take it at a different school and transfer the credits in?

I'm sorry to hear that! Any chance you could take it at a different school and transfer the credits in?

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189e0d" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 17th, 2007, 06:28 AM
No because I am at one of those technical school and their classes are accredited to be transfered...It would be nice, but I am where I am until I finish all these classes.

May 17th, 2007, 02:48 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I don't know if you're interested in something like this .... but I'm in a similar program as you (Network Admin)

I ran into something like this when I was pregnant with Jenna. I needed to take PC Hardware & Software II before I could move on to the rest of my program classes. However, they were offering it Jan-March only. If I didn't take it then, I'd have to wait for the next cycle which starts in OCTOBER! So, I either had to take the class while having a baby (literally lol) and go back right away or I had to wait almost a year to continue.

I decided to take it anyways. My instructor was VERY nice (I actually took TWO classes that term) and was very lenient with me. My classes started Jan 2nd and I had Jenna on Jan 7th. I took 2 weeks off from in-school classes but got my assignments and completed them and got help via email. It was hard to go back 2 weeks later but I didn't have any breastfeeding issues. I just pumped a lot before and while there. It actually worked out quite well, although a bit difficult.

Now, I'm still on track in my program and when looking back.... it was worth it (to me)

It's just an option or thought I wanted to pass along It wouldn't work for everyone, I know that.

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
May 18th, 2007, 07:04 AM
I have thought about that, but not really sure if that will work because they really don't provide any type of class online...and since I will be having a c-section I will be having to go to school which means lifting more than I am suppose to....we will see...I hope it works out for me somehow.

May 19th, 2007, 06:11 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Yeah, neither of my classes were done online either... I wish they would have been!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
May 21st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about that, I think the ladies have made some great suggestions. I hope that you can work it out somehow within the school, keep us updated and let us know how it all works out. I'll be thinking about you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search