Fit Finder?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM
provosto's Avatar Mommy to Arden!
We live in Germany but we have a US car. We went to the store here on post that has car seats but they didn't have any convertible seats. Our little one is only 12 days old but since we have to order online we're already starting to look for our convertible seat because sometimes it can take more than a month for stuff to get to us (and if we end up having to return, etc).

While looking online we were able to find a "Fit Finder" for Britax BUT it wasn't with US seats. Does anyone know of a website (we Googled but came up with none that worked for us) that works and is up to date? We know we want a Britax (I was hoping Advocate or even Boulevard) but I'm very worried the seat we want won't fit in our tiny, tiny car (2011 Ford Fiesta), especially rear-facing.

Times like this I really miss my 4-Runner---and the ability to see a seat before we buy it.

Thanks in advance!
February 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is there any reason you are set on a Britax?

As far as fit finders, what exactly do you want to know? The size of the seats or what your LO will fit in or something else?

February 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
If you planning on someone sitting next to here or having other children where the car seat needs to be next to the seat I wouldn't get the Advocate. IMO the pockets are over kill. And I've been hearing problems of the headwings breaking on the Boulevard, since it's just Styrofoam.

A lot of people are liking the new Marathon70s or Roundabout 55s if you are dead set on a Britax. Other highly recommended seats are First Years True Fit, Safety 1st Complete Air, Sunshine Kids Radian, and Evenflo Triumph Advance.

made by BAM

February 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Oh and to add, I've got 3 Complete Airs and drive a Neon. I got the Complete Air behind the Driver's seat. It get a more upright install. The Roundabout55 is another good seat for tight places, but seems to be a small seat and outgrown easily.

made by BAM

January 25th, 2014, 02:05 AM
I know it’s difficult to shift to other option, which you had not tried earlier. But I guess as and when you start doing this you would settle down with this new option. The same thing happened to me, and trusts me I am still searching for a better option unlike you since couple of weeks for my baby. It’s really becomes very much difficult to manage my baby in my small car too. But for me the solution is to get back my old big car to carry out baby in a fitting kind of car seat that I used to have in the past.

If you look on Car Seats Finder

I think
Safety 1st Able
Able Convertible Car Seat - Tapestry | DJGUSA
Safety 1st Elite 80 Air
Elite 80 | Air Protect + | Positively the Safest Car Seat Choice in Full Body Protection

you can also compare the two type by
Car Seats Compare Site
January 25th, 2014, 02:05 AM
list of car seats

Safety 1st onBoard35 Air
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgus...catur-ic155bnv
Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite Plus
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgus...at-ic030bnj--1
Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgus...tible-car-seat
Safety 1st onSide air
http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgus...tance-cc041bvz

Last edited by renedarling; January 26th, 2014 at 09:53 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search