Britax Advocate

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
I am looking into a convertible car seat for my daughter. I am pretty sure I want a Britax Advocate. They have the new 70 Cs out now, but that is $300. I found the 65 Cs model for $250. Does anyone know if the new one is worth the extra $50? Carseats are so frustrating because they always come out with something newer and better! I normally don't get caught up in that stuff but safety is so important to me

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
January 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The 65 model will have an older date of manufacture, meaning you won't be able to use it as long. Also, the CS feature is kind of useless because you always want to check and make sure the harness is tightened properly, and not depend on an audible sound.

What makes you want an Advocate? There are many other seats on the market that offer the same or better features, and cost less money. If Britax is pulling you in with their fancy marketing terms for those silly "pillows" on the side of their Advocate, please reconsider your options.
January 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Super Mommy
What other carseats are similar to the Advocate? We have 2 Britax seats that we love, Marathon and Roundabout. We got a graco Myride for my in laws car and I don't like it. We also have a true fit, it is okay - but I keep it in my husbands car because I like our Britax better. We just need one more convertible as our baby girl is growing up fast. I did notice my son just outgrew his roundabout due to being too tall at the age of 3, so I don't want another roundabout.

Thank you Misfitinmn for my signature!
January 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
The air bag things really only come in handy if the seat is FF and you have a child not in a seat or booster next to it. Otherwise it's really not useful. I would recommend sticking with the Marathon 70 or getting a Boulevard 70, if you're wanting to stay with Britax (which it sounds like you do). I would get the new seat and give it to your son (if you haven't gotten him a new seat), and give the Roundabout to the baby. That way by the time your son outgrows the Marathon/Boulevard, the baby will be close to needing it anyway.

Oh, and ditto PP on the 65 models. They have older manufacturing dates because they don't make them anymore, which is why you're finding them cheaper. Since your youngest is still so young, it would really not be worth saving $50 or so dollars for a shorter life span.

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
January 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLexi View Post
I would recommend sticking with the Marathon 70 or getting a Boulevard 70, if you're wanting to stay with Britax (which it sounds like you do). I would get the new seat and give it to your son (if you haven't gotten him a new seat), and give the Roundabout to the baby.
Ditto this exactly. If you want a Britax, the Advocate is a waste, but the Marathon and Boulevard are great choices. The Roundabout is shorter, so it's not recommended as a seat to get to booster age, but it's still a good seat.
January 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynne01 View Post
Ditto this exactly. If you want a Britax, the Advocate is a waste, but the Marathon and Boulevard are great choices. The Roundabout is shorter, so it's not recommended as a seat to get to booster age, but it's still a good seat.
Ditto on the Marathon or Boulevard, but I do believe the new generation Roundabout 55 is the same as the Marathon height wise (just lower limits). I've read many, many accounts on car-seat.org where a child has the same or MORE room in the Roundabout 55 than the Marathon. Sometimes, with car seats, it's hard to go by the written measurements... things can change when they're installed in a vehicle.

Anyway- if you're wanting to stick with Britax, I'd skip the Advocate and go with one of the three mentioned here.
January 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
You're right, Erica. I forgot about the new one (although they're not really new anymore). The old style Roundabout is shorter than the Marathon, but the new one is the same.
January 16th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynne01 View Post
You're right, Erica. I forgot about the new one (although they're not really new anymore). The old style Roundabout is shorter than the Marathon, but the new one is the same.
They sure love to confuse us with all of those seats, giving them the exact same name LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search