Flying adventures with the Scenera

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By ::er!ca::
  • 1 Post By amylynne01

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
After listening to advice from many gals on this board, I took our Scenera for our first airplane adventure. I was flying with Claire alone (Claire is 18 months, 24 pounds and I don't know for sure how tall she is), and the Scenera was perfect. We flew Southwest the whole time, and the seat fit very well in the seats (FFing). It wasn't too heavy to lug around (I put it in a carry-bag and carried it like a backpack), and was easy to maneuver down those skinny aisles. I managed Claire, a stroller, the Scenera, and the diaper bag, and we survived

What did strike me is that I didn't see ONE SINGLE OTHER KID in a car seat on any of my four flights. Not one. I saw a ton of car seats come thru the baggage claim, but none on the actual airplane. Some of the flight attendants acted like I was crazy for bringing it, but when they saw Claire sleeping peacefully I'm sure they appreciated that she wasn't a screaming lap child.

We did have some turbulence today, and I was so glad that Claire was buckled safely in her seat. Thank you ladies for the great advice!!
amylynne01 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 24th, 2012, 07:13 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to hear it went well!! I'm sure we'll be getting funny looks when we do the same thing in December. But I really can't imagine trying to hold a *toddler* still the entire flight. The safety issue aside, strapping my kid down seems like a huge HUGE benefit. LOL

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 25th, 2012, 07:35 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it worked out and was easy to install.
January 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'm really proud of any mom that insists on flying with their child in a car seat or some type of harness. Extreme turbulence is enough to cause a little one to fly off mom or dad's lap and cause injury. I think eventually car seats or a harness of some type will be law in the air.

Another great accessory for getting around airports is the Traveling Toddler Car Seat Accessory. Check it out on Amazon or any of the major online stores.

Jerry
January 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't imagine not flying with the carseat! But I'm wondering what age can the kids sit just on the chair itself? Does it just depend on how big he/she is?
January 27th, 2012, 12:14 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
I can't imagine not flying with the carseat! But I'm wondering what age can the kids sit just on the chair itself? Does it just depend on how big he/she is?
At 5, we let Brinlee sit on the plane without a seat. I would say it would depend on size. My 3.5 year old is tall and 40 pounds, I wouldn't take a seat for her now either. If she was a tiny 3 year old, then I more than likely would.
amylynne01 likes this.
January 28th, 2012, 04:58 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
And maturity. And if you need a seat at the other end.
::er!ca:: likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search