Who is on the market for a new seat?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2012, 06:30 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am!

I haven't purchased a new seat in a year (Brinlee's Britax Parkway SGL) and I'm getting ready to purchase 4 new seats! We're down to two car seats, which are the seats the girls ride in full-time. We have 1 Graco Nautilus (Isabel) and 1 Britax Parkway SGL (Brinlee). It's so weird, because I used to have a ton of seats. I've managed to give/loan them all out, and have had one expire. It stresses me out not having spares, because if we wrecked the van we'd be screwed until insurance replaced them. I mean, my mom has a booster than Brinlee could ride in. But our Nautilus is the ONLY seat Isabel can ride in because none of the other seats family members have harness over 40 pounds (she's 40.6 lbs).

So, I'm buying 2 boosters for Brinlee and 2 harnessing seats for Isabel. Here is what I'm getting and for what vehicle-

Britax Frontier 85 (for Isabel- will go in my van)... and our Graco Nautilus will be put into DH's car
Graco highback Turbobooster (for Brinlee- will go in DH's car)
Evenflo Maestro (for Isabel- will be our backup seat- we go places with my mom and sister regularly)

And still undecided on another booster for Brinlee (backup seat for when we go with my sister- my mom has a booster in her van). Maybe an Evenflo Amp Highback? And I can't believe I'm even thinking this- and I probably won't buy it- but I had been toying with the idea of getting a backless. I know, I know. I said I'd never, LOL, and I probably won't. I just get tired of cussing myself out every time I have to install my girls' seats in the 3rd row of my sister's Traverse. It's a PITA. I wouldn't allow her to ride in a backless before she turns 7 though, as that is my minimum age for a backless as a backup seat.

So yeah, in the next few weeks we're going to have a bunch of pretty new car seats!!

Last edited by ::er!ca::; January 25th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
January 25th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, so jealous!! We currently have four seats for one kid (Snugride 32 that she has grown out of, Scenera, True Fit, Radian), so I think we are covered for now!

Please post lots of pics when you can so I can live vicariously through you

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

January 25th, 2012, 07:27 AM
And I just realized something that made me giggle. My van will be Britax; DH's car will be Graco; and our backups will be Evenflo.

Evenflo Big Kid Sport & Evenflo Maestro in Adele- looks like a perfect match!

But I like the headwings on the Amp highback booster better. Hmm... ??? I wish they still had the black & pink Maestro, what was it called? Rose?

Graco TB in Kaley and I think our Nautilus cover is Matrix?

And of course the Frontier 85 in Livia to match our Parkway

And how cute is this backless Amp?

Last edited by ::er!ca::; January 25th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
January 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Lol. You are gonna have a late Christmas in your house!!

We are *sorta* in the market for a new seat. But not really until later in the year. We are going to get a Nauti/Argos (depending on sales!) for Liam. But he won't be using it until he is over 3. So we are waiting for a while. But I am still sale watching. I see BRU has their trade-in. I am hoping they will have another in August/Sept, at which time we wil consider buying it then.

I really want one of the green ones I have seen...but only saw it once at Target. It was paler than the color they have out in the Argos now. It would match our truck perfectly. But not our other seats

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
January 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Ill be getting a seat for the baby girl at some point. I am hoping we can hold off until the new graco mysize comes out. Currently Ansley is only 15lbs or so and still in the KF on the 2nd slot so we might can make it. I'd REALLY like to get Jackson a frontier to harness him a bit longer. He's on the 2nd to last slot on the nauti and almost even with the shoulders..hmm.. bella just got a radian at the beginning of dec.

January 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man that's a lot of new seats!! So jealous. I would love to have matching seats.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we're going to be buying a True Fit next month for the new baby .

=May '05 and '11

January 26th, 2012, 11:23 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Not me! Just got a SR30 for baby. Girls are set for a while. Can't wait to see your new seats!
January 28th, 2012, 08:15 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love that amp! So cute! I just bought DD a new graco backless. I am in the market for a seat for the baby, still haven't made up my mind. I would love a combo seat for Julian, he will be 4 in 2 days. However, it doesn't make much sense. He still fits GREAT in his MR and is now only 32lbs. He has another slot on his harness and about 3 inches to the top of the shell. Plus, he reclines in that and sleeps a lot still in his seat. Proof in the picture lol
January 29th, 2012, 06:42 PM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
We have an Apex 65 and a Generations 65 and we are going to have get something else but not sure what and since money is tight we may just have to live with what we have. I used to have a ton of seats to and now i am down to just Matt;s lbb which he only uses about 1/2 the time, and Ali's 2 seats...

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

January 30th, 2012, 02:45 PM
bcmommy0409's Avatar Super Mommy
We are in the market for two new seats. I had my middle son in two MR65 (one in each car) while my youngest was in the Graco (can't remember the exact name) as an infant carrier. Once we had to my move my youngest into a convertible we took the MR65 from DH's car and had them both in MR65's in my car (leaving us nothing for DH's car, so we had to switch out on the rare occasion that they rode in his car). We had planned to move our middle son into a Nautilaus when the baby moved up but didn't have the money until now. We were planning on buying two Nauti's (one for each car) and then putting a MR65 in each car. BUT I stumbled across the Maestro on clearance for $40ish this week and debated on that (just knew nothing about it).
So now I am thinking of a Maestro for DH's car and a Nauti for our main car, but I want a lot of use out of this next seat. MDS just turned three and is 37lbs and 37 inches. Do you think that a Maestro would get him through for a while.
Our seven year old is still in an Evenflo high back Booster.
Hudson Joseph 12-28-2010
January 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning to switch my 5 month old DS to a convertible when winter is over....so I'm thinking of buying the MR65 while they're on sale at Target (although they always go on sale, so I may wait a few months).

January 31st, 2012, 01:44 PM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm looking at radians, at least one for now but probably 2 by the end of the year. Having a hard time making up my mind. I'm thinking the R100 is out because if I'm shelling that much out for a seat I want the highest rf weight limit possible lol. Can't decide between the other two, I've heard the wings make the booster height not as high as advertised? Leaning toward the R120 as of now but not sure how soon to buy. probably will need to buy 1 pretty soon as we are creeping too close to the weight limit in current seat for my comfort. what is a great price for those? I've found them for around $220 which seems like a great deal but I don't know if I should hold out or snatch it up... doesn't help that we need to go a month or two with little to nothing spent lol. Guess we'll just weigh the kids weekly

[IMG][/IMG]
January 31st, 2012, 08:34 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
I convinced DH that Jax needed a frontier so now that's on our list and I think we may get the MR at target..but im having a hard time deciding between that or paying a little more and getting one at TRU..hmm

February 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zachnmac View Post
I'm looking at radians, at least one for now but probably 2 by the end of the year. Having a hard time making up my mind. I'm thinking the R100 is out because if I'm shelling that much out for a seat I want the highest rf weight limit possible lol. Can't decide between the other two, I've heard the wings make the booster height not as high as advertised? Leaning toward the R120 as of now but not sure how soon to buy. probably will need to buy 1 pretty soon as we are creeping too close to the weight limit in current seat for my comfort. what is a great price for those? I've found them for around $220 which seems like a great deal but I don't know if I should hold out or snatch it up... doesn't help that we need to go a month or two with little to nothing spent lol. Guess we'll just weigh the kids weekly
I too am looking at the Radians. I can't decide between the R120 & RXT. I was actually coming here to post and get input from those who know about them etc. My guy is off the charts in height so if the headwings become a problem as they get older...maybe I should go with the R120. I want a Radian as our 2nd seat.
February 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am kind of on the market for a new seat. I am looking for something MaryBeth can have as a spare seat. I would really like to just buy a 3rd My Ride, but don't want another in Resa. Not sure what we are going to do yet, money and job being an issue.

February 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I ordered the Frontier 85 tonight I'd love to buy them all at once, but I have to spread them out.
February 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
So much for spreading them out I ordered the Maestro and a Turbobooster today. Walmart usually ships pretty quick, so I should have them in a few days. I also got my shipping notice for my FR85. I can't wait till they all get here!
February 8th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Oh, and I'm leaning towards a Vivo for DH's car instead of the Turbo... the Turbo will be backup.
February 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wahoo! Can't wait to see pics!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search