Hi! Just got a Graco Smart Seat....

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2012, 10:13 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Hi! Im Eva...new to this board and figured I would introduce myself and start posting I am a sahm/wahm of 2 girls, 15 & 12 and 1 boy, 8 months!

Earlier this week we got a Graco Smart Seat in! So far its great but we are car shopping soon and I hope we find something that it will fit in. I currently have it installed in our suburban. Anyone else have experience with this seat or know of someone who has one?
January 27th, 2012, 05:41 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I don't think there is anyone else on (who frequents this car seat safety board) that has a Smart Seat.

That's one massive seat! Was it easy to install? Are you using LATCH or the seat belt? What made you pick the Smart Seat over all of the others? I'd love to see pictures
January 27th, 2012, 07:04 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only know one person (in my PR) who has a Smart Seat... she seems to like it, I don't know much beyond that though! I can ask what vehicle she has it installed in?

yes, share pictures!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
January 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::er!ca:: View Post
Welcome!

I don't think there is anyone else on (who frequents this car seat safety board) that has a Smart Seat.

That's one massive seat! Was it easy to install? Are you using LATCH or the seat belt? What made you pick the Smart Seat over all of the others? I'd love to see pictures
I agree, it is massive. IMO it was VERY easy to install! I'm using the seat belt. It was between the Radian and Smart Seat. The Smart Seat was a gift so that was decided for me lol. I still may purchase a Diono Radian as well.

pics coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmagic View Post
I only know one person (in my PR) who has a Smart Seat... she seems to like it, I don't know much beyond that though! I can ask what vehicle she has it installed in?

yes, share pictures!
thanks! Will get pics
January 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM
dapgal's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can weigh in on this seat and have been actually meaning to post about it. We bought 2 of these for DH's car. He has a 2002 Yukon which doesn't have LATCH and was notorious for being difficult to get a proper install with the seatbelt. Previously we had a Recaro Signo in it and I never felt good about the install. The seatbelt stalks were too long and would get in the way of the seatbelt locking mechanisms on the carseat. When I saw this Graco with the removable base and seat belt lock I felt it would solve my problems. We tried it out at BRU and it was pretty easy to install. It is pretty heavy but definitely worth it for the peace of mind it gives. The base went in really easy just like the infant carrier bases do. The lock off for the seatbelt works really well to give a very tight install. Lining up the seat itself can be a little tricky but still not hard at all. I think I got the first seat on my second try and the second seat on the first try. It is just as easy to install it RF as it is FF. The markings on the seat ate easy enough to follow to make sure you have the proper incline set on the seat and the flags and lock indicators let you know you installed the seat properly onto the base. I really like the feel of this seat, it is very sturdy and the buckles are very substantial on them. My son is FF on the driver's side and my daughter is RF in the middle. It was slightly tricky to get them both in that close to each other but not difficult. The rear passenger side seat is fully available and my 6'1" husband has enough leg room with the RF seat in the middle although it was slightly affected. I am overall very pleased with these car seats and would recommend them to people that have a hard time getting a tight install with seatbelts. We were able to use a 20% coupon and ended up getting the seats for $240 + tax. Not the cheapest but also not the most expensive. I will try to add some pictures if I can.
January 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
dapgal's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Also wanted to add that it is super easy to adjust the harness and headrest height in a matter of seconds. Our Recaro had no re-thread adjustments too but it was a knob on the side that you ha to turn forever to get it to move even the slightest amount. This one moves like pulling out a drawer and you can move it 6 inches in 2 seconds. My sister really likes this feature for their second car that has only one car seat in it. It can be ready for both her 4 year old or her 2 year old twins in seconds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search