A couple of questions...

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2012, 06:33 AM
mom2zachnmac's Avatar Super Mommy
I posted this on carseat.org and haven't gotten an answer so I posted here and diaperswappers. I have a 4 year old forward facing in a nautilus, just shy of 2 1/2 year old forward facing in a evenflo harnessed booster (which I think I'm going to switch out and have him rear facing in our safety first alpha omega All N 1, and my 15 month old rear facing in a Evenflo Triumph. They weigh 37, 33, and 26ish pounds respectively. The set up now is the 4 and 2 1/2 year old forward facing in the 3rd row of our freestar and the 15 month old rear facing in the middle row bench seat. My first question is to double check, the triumph was manufactured in 06 (i wrote it down but can't find it, can't remember the exact month...) but the seat is good till dec of this year correct? If so I can keep using that for her for a few more months which would let my 2 1/2 year old go back to rear facing in the alpha omega. I'd have to put the 2 littles in the middle row and center my oldest in the 3rd row in order to tether his seat. But we have #4 due in April and a safety 1st Onboard 35 infant seat. would my best option be to put the nautilus and onboard 35 in the middle row and the alpha omega rear facing and another rear facing seat (probably have to buy something new) in the 3rd row and have to load them through the hatch? That's the only way I can top tether the forward facing nautilus... finally- I've been looking at radians as eventual replacements because I believe that is pretty much the only way we could possibly fit 3 in that 3rd row... I have a question about the latch with those... they say you can use the latch to 80lbs but everything I've heard is that the latch limit depends on your car and is usually about 40lbs... what is right? is the new diono latch different and 80 lbs is accurate? Thanks! Hope this isn't too confusing... any other ideas on an acceptable arrangement? (i have top tether in the middle seat in the 3rd row and I believe each position in the center row).

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search