Keyfit VS. Snugride 30

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AGH! I am SO indesiceve! So, I am back to wanting a bucket seat. I am getting it with the trade in event (woohoo!). I had picked out this
Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat - Odyssey - Graco - Babies "R" Us
however, it has that "yucky" fabric. I don't know how to explain what it is, and I can't find it in the description.
So, what about the keyfit? I like this one,
Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat - Limonata - Chicco - Babies "R" Us
I know they are BOTH great seats, and keyfits are highly loved. I have ALWAYS had graco buckets though, so this is why I am stressing over this I guess.
February 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I do love my Graco bucket. It worked really well for me. However, I've seen some Keyfits and they are really nice! I like the yellow, too. Is the yucky fabric on the Graco going to bother you a ton? Is it just the fact that you have always done Graco seats that is making you undecided? Or the price too? It's a hard decision, new car seats!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 6th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a Keyfit (I think the 22, the older one) from Lily that is still good. I love it, but then again, I've never tried another bucket seat. We've used the Keyfit for both Lily and Vi, and we're using it again for this baby.

February 6th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Yes, the fabric is a major turnoff. It is the ONLY 30 in our BRU store. There is a 35, but I don't remember the fabric on it. I wish I could think of how to describe it. It is hard, slick like and has a texture. That is about all I can come up with. I think it would be REALLY hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
February 6th, 2012, 06:28 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Have you looked at prices besides BRU? I don't find the trade-in prices to be anything spectacular that I can't find (or beat) at Amazon or albeebaby or something.

Here is a SnugRide 30 in Carlisle for $105 shipped at albeebaby. Same price as the yucky fabric one from BRU. Here's another for $110 shipped.
February 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have never owned a Keyfit. I love my Graco. I think Keyfits are narrower and they don't seem as good for big babies. I was with a friend (who has a son who is 2 weeks younger than Kieran) and she has a keyfit. Her son already *looks* too big for it (like it is narrow around his head and his feet are at the end) and he is not a huge kid. I was joking about how Kieran would have outgrown it already because he IS a huge kid. I know that it being snug around his head and his feet at the end is NOT outgrowing it...he prolly has plenty of actual growth room in it. But it just looked like a tight fit and I would not be happy with that on my 4-month-old.

I would look into other Gracos. We have an older one (a SR32) and it has really nice soft fabric. But I have seen the fabric you are talking about and would not like it either. I think seats are hard decisions overall. Good luck!
February 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think my Graco has that fabric you are talking about. It did make her really sweaty in the summer, and I was glad to switch her out of it last March before it got hot!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 8th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I have been looking around at other places as well I just want to buy it and have it in my hands at that moment haha!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search