booster question! freeking out

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ::er!ca::

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Hey ladys, haven't been on in forever! been so busy latly it is insane! anyways have a question about boosters, my son Dillan (5 1/2yrs) is currantly in the graco nautilus still harnessed but is now on the last harness slot (anxietly kicking in!) he has about 2 maby 2 1/2 inches to grow till he is too tall for the seat so I am booster shopping, I now the nautilus can change into a booster but I want to booster train him first and don't want to worry about taking straps in and out while we do it aslo my son Chase (3yr) is getting really close to the 1 inch rule RF he is in the graco myride 65 which scares me cause he is only 31lbs but tall! so I was going to just get a highback booster for Dillan start training him come April in that on short trips keep him harnessed for longer ones and then when Dillan grows out of the nautlius I can move Chase to that when he has out grown the myride that way I can give the myride to my neighbor who really badly needs better seat for thier 2 year old...make sence??? so my question, what booster do you all reccomend, I liek the graco turbo booster but have yet to get to the store to test the fit, any other sugestions of boosters to test out?? I can't believe we are almost to the booster stage!! talk about freekin me out!
Thanks in advance ladys!

oh and Brianna is now 34lbs at 2 years old!! seriously what is with these kids and growing too quick!

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

February 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2-2.5 inches in torso height could be another 2 years, so he has lots of time still left in the Nautilus, if you want to keep him harnessed until you move him into a booster full-time. The Graco Turbobooster (highback) is a great option and will fit him really well. My 6.5 year old is riding in a Britax Parkway SGL, I really like it. I also like the DIONO Monterey.

You've done a great job keeping your 3 year old rear facing My 3 year old outgrew the MR65 by height (and weight LOL) just a couple months after she turned 3 years old as well. It was weird turning her forward facing, but she's been riding like that since August and I've gotten used to it. I feel confident that she's safe at her age to be forward facing. Of course I would have loved to keep her rear facing longer... but 3 years is a great age. So, don't be too hard on yourself.
Taramomof3 likes this.
February 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Thank you!
I know that is how it usualy goes with growth, but we moved Dillan from the 3rd to last to the 2nd to last slot in Aug and now he is already on the last slot! If he goes through another growth spurt like that then we are screwed! haha hopfully he wont, fingers crossed haha better to be safe then sorry and have him ready I guess *sigh*...I have written those seats down and will be heading to the city in the next couple weeks, thanks
I will have to post some updated pics of the kids in thier seats too...been slacking with being online latly oiy

*off topic, when did JM get like buttons???*

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

February 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love our turbo boosters we have! They have some super cute boy ones as well Nice price too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search