what would you do?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
We're having a newbie this summer, and my son will only be 22 months at the time. Trouble is, DH and i both drive sub compacts. We were planning on buying a bigger car, but DH lost his job yesterday. I need to either find a carseat that will fit behind the driver, or turn my son FF. The baby seat we have is a Chicco Keyfit 20. Without the base it is pretty compact, and will fit behind the driver in my car, but not DH's. Is a cocorro any smaller? DS is currently RF in a scenera in my car and a evenflow symphony in Dh's. oh, i drive a '97 subaru impreza outback sport and DH drives a Toyota echo

March 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids are going to be spaced pretty similarly to yours (24 months instead of 22) and I personally am not ready at all to turn Kate. She's in a coccoro in DH's subcompact, RFing. (He has a Ford Fiesta.) I don't have a keyfit or a scenera so I can't tell you the comparison on that, but I posted a thread a little while ago showing the difference between the MyRide and the Coccoro. http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...i-coccoro.html (New Combi Coccoro) Not sure if that helps you at all!

I like the seat, and it definitely has its use. I just haven't yet figured out how the size compares to an infant seat (I haven't brought out our Graco Safe Seat yet). I'm not sure if the SafeSeat will fit behind the driver in his vehicle, if we'll have to move the Coccoro, or if either of them will make him uncomfortable. Luckily for us we have the option of just not using the car if we have both kids with us, so it's not a huge deal... your situation is quite different!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 9th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I had a Dodge Neon and we could get the driver's seat all the way back and still had a couple inches with our Coccoro in there. We had DD's SnugRide32 in the base behind the passenger's seat and that was just a couple clicks from being all the way up. When the weather gets warmer we are putting DD in the Coccoro in DH's truck since we just did an even trade for the Neon to get a van for me.

This was in the Neon.

made by BAM

March 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
the coccoro looks to install low down sorta like the symphony does. It might be worth purchasing to find out. I wish BRUS carried this so i could try it.

March 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We're also in that situation...Claire will be 26-ish months when the new arrivals join us, and I am just not ready to FF her, either. We're hoping to buy a minivan in the next few months, but if not the Cocorro was at the top of my list!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search