Britax roundabout for newborns...

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Veteran
So I was in an accident just over a year ago. My son was in his Britax Roundabout & although his side of the truck was damaged the worst in the accident & I basically had to dig him out of the dirt when we stopped he was uninjured (tg, tg, tg) can't say enough about these great seats. So insurance replaced the seat then. He is still riding in the new seat, but is almost 5 and well within the weight/height requirements for a booster.

Now i'm due in July with what is going to be our last baby for sure lol. And i'm hesitant to spend the bucks on an infant seat for a couple reasons, 1 being that my babies have all been big and out of their infant seats within 3m, 2 I don't use the carry feature very often. I LOVE my wraps & carrying my LO's so I just pop them into the wrap instead of carrying the bulky carseat around. I really don't like the idea of buying a used seat from someone I don't know, cause after 2 accidents with my kids in the car I'm a carseat freak!

So my question, how is a Britax Roundabout for newborns? I used the infant seats for my other babies & they went into the britax's around 2.5-3m. I know it's rated for 5lb+ but i would like some real people reviews on how they fit.

Thanks!
March 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What model of the Britax Roundabout do you have? Does it have a white base or a black base? If it is a white based Roundabout, it will likely not fit a newborn. The lowest harness slots are too high. The next generation Roundabouts (black base) do fit infants better.

Here is a pic to tell the difference:

White base on left, black base on right (of course your covers could be different)
March 20th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
Britax has now approved a body pillow type thingy to use in all of their seats so I'm thinking it may help the classic models fit newborns better.

HEAD & BODY SUPPORT PILLOW - Accessories - Britax USA

made by BAM

March 20th, 2012, 04:53 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know they've approved it, but I just do not like it. I can imagine the confusion with other aftermarket products, which are a huge no-no. I think this was a bad move on Britax's end. And I can't wrap my head around why this one is ok, compression concerns me.
March 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I have a feeling they are doing it because of the new JJ Cole car seat that you can use all the JJ Cole aftermarket products like the Bundle Me on. On CS.O I've seen a few say they are thinking of getting the seat because they want to use xyz of the aftermarket products.

And I also believe Summer Infant's car seat approves their aftermarket products as well for the Prodigy. As does Dino approve all their aftermarket products with the Radian, although some of their items are just downright scary. I guess I'd rather see each brand marked the same thing and approve it with their seats.

made by BAM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search