Let's have a quick check-in!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 07:38 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who is still lurking around? Come out and tell us hi, and how you have been

I will start!

I decided to start hosting again so the board wouldn't be left alone. It is a busy time for us (spring always is) but I will try to stop by once a day to answer questions. We've all been doing great! Brinlee is almost done with first grade and will be turning 7 in just under two months. Isabel will be 4 in just under three months. It is so hard to believe! The weather has been gorgeous so we've been spending tons of time outside. Brinlee is still riding in her Britax Parkway SGL most of the time, and rides in our Graco Nautilus when we go out of town. Isabel rides harnessed in her Britax Frontier 85. I love having matching Livia seats in my van, they're so pretty!
March 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So jealous over the matching seats.

We're just starting to get nicer weather here and Kate is DESPERATE to go play outside with the dogs, but most days I get too cold to stay out there! She's almost 22 months, and I'm due on her birthday with another little girl. Kate's in a MyRide in my SUV and has a coccoro in DH's car. We plan to use our infant seat (Graco Safe Seat) for the new baby for a little while, but I do have a second MyRide I could use. For the summer however it makes more sense to use the MyRide as Kate's backup seat and the infant seat for portability since we may be taking fun daytrips with my friend and her toddler.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
It's still cold here! 48-50.. and rainy (which i dont mind). My baby will be turning one soon and i'm so sad Baby A is in a myride- which she is a total pain when it's time to put her in the car- she cries and arches her back etc lol. SHe's fine once i finish harnessing her. Bella is still RF in a SK radian and Jax just got a frontier 85 in cowmoo print -his choice. We have the nauti and TF as back up seats..and a chicco lol. I can't wait for warmer weather!

March 18th, 2012, 03:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I still lurk around here and there, not terribly active right now though. I'll try to stop is more often

We are getting an early spring here and it has been gorgeous. Me and the boys have spent a lot of time outside, which has been great. My little guy was just baptized this morning, so we had a busy weekend with lots of family in town. I am looking forward to a quiet day outside tomorrow!

As for the kids and carseats: Julia (my nanny child) is going to be six in two months and is in her nauti in harness mode still. She just hit 40 lbs, so probably sometime in the summer or fall, we will start booster training with the high back nauti mode. She does well with sitting and not messing with the belts, so I think it will be pretty easy in that regard. I just have to see how the seatbelt fits her in that seat. Liam is basically 2.5 now and is RF in his myride. He has plenty of room still. Kieran is 6 months and is still in his snug ride, although I don't take it out much anymore. He is a really, really big and long baby, so I think I will be moving him into the britax soon. I might consider getting him a myride, since he is pretty much ready to move and Liam is far from it. We shall see
March 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We haven't even had much of a winter, and it is definitely Spring here. Claire is another one that would prefer to be outside 24/7, and most days that's fine with me!

Claire (20 months, 25 pounds, haven't measured height recently) rides 95% of the time in her Radian (RFing) and it is still a great seat for us. I am due this fall with twins, and we're still working on what to do for their seats. We have been minivan shopping all weekend, and will probably purchase a 2008 Honda Odyssey later this week. I have a SnugRide32 and a True Fit that would work perfectly fine for the twins, but of course part of me aches to get something new and matching/coordinating for them. We'll see...first we have to purchase the vehicle and then we can work from there.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im around,mostly just lurking

Tatum is going to be 3 in a couple weeks,i cant believe it.He just recently outgrew his myride(extra seat) RF,so he is now FF in that when he uses it,and let me tell you,he has become very vocal about wanting to be FFWhich i'm actually considering when he turns 3i really wanted to make it until he was 4,but at this point,it almost feels its not worth the fight,being that he will be 3?it would actually be easier if he went FF before june,so that i could use the radian with the baby and just get him a prosport.

March 18th, 2012, 06:24 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been lurking. I have a two year old RFing in a true fit in my car and a my ride 65 in my mom's car. We used the true fit from birth as I didn't feel a need for a bucket seat. The convertible from birth was great for #1 but I think with two kids it'll be easier to have a bucket seat.

Soo I'm in the market for an infant carrier carseat. I check in often in case someone posts an amazing deal or something, lol. We got out true fit on woot when I was pregnant with #1, it would be nice to find a similar good deal!

March 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToARockStar View Post
im around,mostly just lurking

Tatum is going to be 3 in a couple weeks,i cant believe it.He just recently outgrew his myride(extra seat) RF,so he is now FF in that when he uses it,and let me tell you,he has become very vocal about wanting to be FFWhich i'm actually considering when he turns 3i really wanted to make it until he was 4,but at this point,it almost feels its not worth the fight,being that he will be 3?it would actually be easier if he went FF before june,so that i could use the radian with the baby and just get him a prosport.
I had to turn Isabel a couple months after she turned 3 because she outgrew the My Ride rear facing (by height and weight). You've done a great job keeping him rear facing this long. Don't beat yourself up over turning him at 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
I have been lurking. I have a two year old RFing in a true fit in my car and a my ride 65 in my mom's car. We used the true fit from birth as I didn't feel a need for a bucket seat. The convertible from birth was great for #1 but I think with two kids it'll be easier to have a bucket seat.

Soo I'm in the market for an infant carrier carseat. I check in often in case someone posts an amazing deal or something, lol. We got out true fit on woot when I was pregnant with #1, it would be nice to find a similar good deal!
I keep trying to reply to your thread you started (about favorite prints) but it comes up with a really weird format when I open the thread and doesn't give me a place to reply. I let Rachel know.
March 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Also a lurker. Juliet is 21 months old now, almost 30lbs and RFing in a True Fit Premier in my car, Complete Air in DH's Jeep, and Scenera in MIL's van. We also have a Roundabout extra. She was in the Roundabout in the Jeep because it gave me more room as the front passenger in front of her, but it offers much less legroom and she started bracing her legs against the car's seat when DH was putting her in and he got frustrated with it and went back to the CA.

I'm contemplating turning her in DH's car when she turns 2, but feeling incredibly guilty about it since it would be for convenience (more room/comfort for me, DH's friends would stop pushing back the passenger seat and messing up the install). I guess I'll take it one day at a time when we reach that point. I don't plan to turn her in my car until she hits 35 lbs, which will be before age 3 if she keeps gaining weight like she is! Maybe she'll slow down though.

March 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Still hanging around. Been busy at home with stuff. Elise (4y3m, 37lbs, 40") is riding FFing in a Radian XTSL and a Frontier 85, and Lindsey (2y10m, 27lbs, 35") is riding RFing in a Radian 65 and an EFTA. Baby is going into a SnugRide 30 (which has not been installed yet!). Their schedules keep us busy - swim lessons, preschool, gymnastics, library, craziness! I'm just trying to get time to go quick until baby arrives. Then it will be craziness times ten!
March 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Aww, Amy, you are due so soon!!!!
March 19th, 2012, 05:36 PM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

Iíve started lurking since my BFP. Even though this is my second, my first is 14yo so havenít dealt with car seats in a long, long time.

Iím so fascinated and overwhelmed with all the information and different types of car seats out there. So Iím lurking to gather information and opinions.

I'm glad this board is here!

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
March 19th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I've been kinda lurking and posting here and there. C is 22 months now. He is RFing in a CA65 in my mom's car and DH's truck. In my van he's in a MA70 RFing, I was sad that he's almost outgrown the CCO. And a MR65 in my dad's truck. DD is 5 months and still in her SR32 with bases in all vehicles. Right now for backups I have a CA65LX, RA50, CCO, Maestro, Titan, and extra base.

I'm currently saving up for a Frontier for when DS turns 2. Right now in both trucks he's RFing, but both trucks his seat is pushing the passenger's seats really close to the airbags. He doesn't ride in them all that often so I'm comfortable putting him FFing in those. He's in the car 3x a week and the van daily. He'll stay RFing in the car/van till he outgrows the seat or is 3. Once we get that I have my breakdown ready to get DD out of the bucket.

Van- DS MA70 RFing and DD RA50 RFing
Car- Both in CA65s RFing
DH- DS Frontier and DD CCO RFing
Dad- DS CA65LX FFing and DD MR65 RFing
Backups- Maestro for DS and Titan for DD The SR32 will be put away till #3 comes.

made by BAM

March 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Lurking and posting David (24 lbs & 32Ē) is in a Radian R120 in my car and now a Radian RXT in my suburban (as of this weekend). I replaced his graco smart seat with a RXT after seeing how much better my R120 was. We are still getting used to the headwings and I'm hoping in the long run I won't regret getting another R120.
March 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynne01 View Post
Still hanging around. Been busy at home with stuff. Elise (4y3m, 37lbs, 40") is riding FFing in a Radian XTSL and a Frontier 85, and Lindsey (2y10m, 27lbs, 35") is riding RFing in a Radian 65 and an EFTA. Baby is going into a SnugRide 30 (which has not been installed yet!). Their schedules keep us busy - swim lessons, preschool, gymnastics, library, craziness! I'm just trying to get time to go quick until baby arrives. Then it will be craziness times ten!
Update: Car seat was installed yesterday! Now just waiting for a baby to put in it! I also took the girls' measurements this weekend.

Elise is 37lbs, 40", and has a 13" torso. She should easily get to 5-6 in her Radian.
Lindsey is 27lbs, 36", and has a 12" torso. At this rate, she'd fit into a Frontier until she's 8!
March 26th, 2012, 02:22 PM
superwoman8977's Avatar Awesome Mommy!
I have been around but lurking alot Dustin will be 14 on April 20th. Matthew is getting tired of the lbb. He is the only child I know around here still in one. he is 9 yrs old and 72 lbs and 4ft 6 inches tall so hubby and I have been battling but we are letting him ride in just a seatbelt and so far..so good. I was so lucky to buy from a friend a Nauti and Ali loves it so now we have the Generations 65, the Apex and the Nauti is her main seat. So far no issues with crotch strap although I doubt she will make it to 4 harnessed as tall as she is getting. We went to the dr today, she was diagnosed with a double ear infection and a broken rib from bronchitis (from all the coughing) she weighed in at 36 lbs but she is OMG 42 inches tall! She also has a long torso which is going to prevent her from eh as hubby has stated over and over that this is the last seat I can get.

Thanks AlexAidenmom for my awesome siggie!

March 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I still lurk around here and there, not terribly active right now though. I'll try to stop is more often
Ditto!

Things here are good! We're enjoying the gorgeous weather we've been having for the last few weeks. Aaden had a preschool screening last night, and we're just waiting to hear back to see if he got "accepted" to the public school preschool program. Aaden's riding comfortably in a Graco Nautilus in my car, and an EFTA when he rides in DH's truck.

April 25th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't logged into JM in months!!

I'm pregnant with #3 due 2nd December.

Summer is 3.5 and 13kgs (can't be bothered to convert that right now lol!)

Ashton is 22 months and 10kgs. He is still rear facing which is HuGe as here babies are turned as early as 6 months!! Seats only rear face to 12kgs so I'm not sure how much longer he will have!

The new baby will get a Chicco Keyfit
April 25th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::MummyToTwo:: View Post
I haven't logged into JM in months!!

I'm pregnant with #3 due 2nd December.

Summer is 3.5 and 13kgs (can't be bothered to convert that right now lol!)

Ashton is 22 months and 10kgs. He is still rear facing which is HuGe as here babies are turned as early as 6 months!! Seats only rear face to 12kgs so I'm not sure how much longer he will have!

The new baby will get a Chicco Keyfit
So glad to see you here, have missed posting with you Congrats, again, on the pregnancy! I can't wait to see if you have a boy or girl!!
April 29th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Veteran
I miss this board. Four kids under 3.5 has been a bit (okay a lot) time consuming. Reagan is 3.5, 42lbs, 43in, and riding in a Livia Frontier 85 after 3 years RFing. Liam is 2.5, 36lbs, and 37in, and riding in a Maui Blue Frontier 85 after 2.5 years RFing (outgrown US seats by height OR weight). Jack is nearing 17 months, 28lbs, and 35in, and riding RFing in an Onyx Roundabout 55 about to move to a black True Fit Premier. Finn is 3 months (1 month adjusted, 9 weeks premature), 14lbs, not sure on length, but he's long, and riding in a Chicco Keyfit 30 and getting ready to move to his brother's Roundabout 55 (RFing obviously). Anyways, not much going on here besides enjoying NOT being pregnant anymore lol.

Coming home after 4 weeks in the NICU!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search