Has anyone used one of the new generation Britax seats for a newborn?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am due with our last baby in a few weeks here. Our infant seat is expired and we have a Britax Boulevard that expires this summer that I can tell would not properly fit a newborn. So I have beat hubby down on buying a new carseat. I would like to get one that will fit this child until s/he can be in a booster (i.e. rear facing for at least 2 yrs, then FF until the min of 40 pounds, which for my kids happens around age 6!)

I saw one review that said that the new britax boulevard, which I just bought today and haven't taken it out of the box, doesn't recline much so it's not well suited for an infant. I initially wanted the true-fit but it's out of stock everywhere until at least April 2. I'm already pretty far progressed so I'm worried I won't make it that long. I really don't want a huge car seat, which is why I steered away from the Evenflo/Graco. I also got the impression looking at the radian that it doesn't recline much either. I'm overwhelmed and fear I'm making a bad decision! Any suggestions?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

March 22nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Britax convertibles (the next generation line) are ok for newborns. You can used a rolled up towel or a foam pool noodle to help you get that 45 degree recline that newborns use. There is also an infant positioning insert that you can purchase from Britax, it will help the newborn fit in the seat even better.

You say you want to stay away from a huge car seat, but most of the Evenflos and Gracos are actually smaller than the Britax seats. There are also some Evenflo seats and Graco seats that are very similar in size as the Britax.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search