Harness or Booster for a 6+ year old??

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi!!

My son (Christian) turned six in Feb. He's 40lbs and 45in and is riding in harness mode in his Nautilus in my van. He has a hbb(Turbobooster) in his daddys car which he only rides in maybe once a month. I think he has 1 more harness slot until he's at the top. I've been debating on rather to use his seat in booster mode or keep him harnessed. When he rides in his hbb, he does a good job of not moving around or bending over but he's only in it for short trips.

What are your thoughts?? Harness for a bit longer or switch him to booster??

=May '05 and '11

March 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Either is fine (and equally safe).

I let Brinlee start riding in a booster when she turned 6. She'll be 7 in less than 2 months, and still rides in both. Most of the time she's in her booster (pic in siggy), but if we go out of town I put her back in a harnessed seat (she falls asleep, or will get wiggly out of boredom). Brinlee's stats were pretty much identical to your son's. She's now 42 pounds and 47 inches... slow grower LOL.
March 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Assuming no developmental concerns, both are equally safe at this point (also assuming he fits properly in both). This is a good time to start full time booster training because his bones are finally fully ossified and can withstand the force of a crash if he were in a booster. He has to learn to ride without the harness eventually, so I'd do it any time now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search