Which Radian?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amylynne01

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Veteran
Looking at getting a Radian for DS and just wondering what the differences are between the R100, R120 and RXT.

Also, if you have/had a Radian...which one did you choose, and why?

Thanks for the help and advice!

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
March 25th, 2012, 07:56 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I prefer headwings, so that would be my choice (RXT). I also prefer the cover options for the RXT.

All models are equally safe though, so I'd go with the one that fits your budget the best.

R100- rear faces to 40 pounds; forward facing harness to 65 pounds; boosters from 50-100 pounds

R120- rear faces to 45 pounds; forward facing harness to 80 pounds; boosters from 50-120 pounds

RXT- has adjustable headwings; rear faces to 45 pounds; forward facing harness to 80 pounds; boosters from 50-120 pounds
March 25th, 2012, 09:03 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I bought our Radian 2 years ago, and chose the XTSL, which is like the RXT since the names changed. The headwings are great for when the kiddos fall asleep, and I like having the highest RFing limits I can.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 25th, 2012, 08:56 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
I bought a R120 about a month ago and I love it! Over the weekend I purchased a rxt. I like that it has the headwings but we are still getting used to them. Either way, personally....I don't think you can go wrong.

The R120 & rxt also come with the infant and toddler padding inserts. I don't believe the R100 does....I could be wrong. Then again, for some that may not be a deal breaker.
March 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
I have a Radian 65 (same as R100 minus the boostering feature) and a Radian XTSL (same as RXT minus the boostering feature). Both are really great seats, but I prefer the XTSL over the 65. The XTSL has the headwings and has much better covers. The 65 cover is so boring. But seriously, any of the models are awesome. However, I think the R120 (used to be Radian 80) is actually a waste because it isn't any bigger than the R100 but is supposed to last longer - how is that possible if it's the same size seat??? Unless you have a heavy kid (like 90+ percentile), all 3 seats will be outgrown by height at exactly the same time, and I think most kids outgrow by height before weight.
::er!ca:: likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search