baby trend flex loc?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have the Baby trend flex-loc infant carseat?or know anything about it?

I really like the pattern on this,and its cheap for a carseat that goes to 30 pounds,but i'm leery of babytrend for some reason

BabyTrend.COM - Car Seats - Flex-Loc - CS31992 : Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat - Provence

April 2nd, 2012, 05:09 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There isn't anything unsafe about them, if that is what you're asking.
April 2nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
Here is a review on one
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...fant-seat.html (Baby Trend Flex Loc Infant Seat)

Last edited by eva_luvs_dave; April 2nd, 2012 at 05:30 AM.
April 2nd, 2012, 06:42 AM
i know that it is safe,was just wondering if there was any angle issues,or if it was a pain to tighten the straps or anything.i dont remmeber hearing anything about these seats and wa wondering if theres a reason for that

eta-also curious about the shell height?is it tall or is it one of the seats that there no way a kid will make it to 30 pounds in it?

Last edited by MamaToARockStar; April 2nd, 2012 at 06:45 AM.
April 2nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
JustMommies Message Boards - Search Results

Here you go, these are the past discussions on the seat.
April 2nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
According to its measurements, it will not last as long as a Graco Snugride 30. The harness on the SR30 is about an inch taller, and the shell is 3/4" taller as well. However, it will still last a good amount of time - definitely longer than any 22lb model on the market.
April 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
hmmm i'm gunna try to find a store that has them so i can see it in person before i order it,seems to get mixed reviews,some love it and some hate it

April 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
There's good & bad about them. They are super narrow so work well in 3 across. They can be a royal pain to install with the seatbelt but with LATCH seems fine. Also, the handle MUST be rotated back when in the car which is often forgotten or overlooked which is a misuse, making the seat much less safe.
April 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorismurph View Post
There's good & bad about them. They are super narrow so work well in 3 across. They can be a royal pain to install with the seatbelt but with LATCH seems fine. Also, the handle MUST be rotated back when in the car which is often forgotten or overlooked which is a misuse, making the seat much less safe.

I've heard this is a major con bc it takes up a bit more room front to back bc of the handle... a lot of times i dont see the BT's recommended bc of this and bc they can be a pain to use and install.

April 17th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
I had 2 baby trend flex loc seats for my son and had zero issues with either one. They installed easily with both latch and seatbelt, he was installed correctly both behind the passenger seat and in the middle with the handle down. I stopped using it around 10.5 months with him but he still could have fit a little longer but he was not liking being so reclined anymore, I do believe the child will outgrow the height before the weight, i know my son would have if i left him in it but i also believe thats true of most seats. I can't stand graco so when i was looking around i found baby trend and loved it.

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
April 28th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a Babytrend Flex Loc with ds2 (a 2010 baby)

I personally loved it. The install with latch was SO easy. It was extremely tight and a great fit. The fact that the handle to unlatch it from the base was against the seat back instead of the other end, was kind of weird but not a huge deal. It was a very heavy seat though, so be prepared.

However, my son absolutely hated it. He cried and cried every car trip for 7 months until I could not take it anymore. I bought him a cheap Evenflo convertible and I swear he never made a peep again. Cried all the way to BRU, changed the seat out in the parking lot and he slept the whole way home. Not sure if it was the angle or what.

Because of the screaming each car trip issue, I did not get another one for this baby. We bought a Chicc Keyfit 30 for this little one.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search