Booster help please!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Hey momma's! Been a while since I've posted,but I lurk still Hope everyone is doing well. The time has come for my oldest to booster train We made it 8 years and 3 months harnessed! Right now,he's training in the Safety 1st Apex(which I hate,but,it's working pretty well for training purposes. Fitting him right,etc. I was set on getting him the PW SG(no need for SGL in my car) but money is a bit tight right now,so I wanted to see what you ladies thought of maybe going with a TB instead? He is 60 lbs and 50(I'm guessing) inches tall,all legs,skinny 'lil twig What about the Recaro Vivo? Should I be concerned with the difference in the weight limit between the PW and the TB? Any other suggestions for HBB's under $80 is welcomed also TIA ladies!
April 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Both would be a good option. Id go to the store and try them out if you can.
My only thing about the Turbo booster is the back falls off easily. So if its something youll be moving from car to car Id probably look at something else.
The Vivo might offer you a little more room height wise. The top position is 21in compared to the TB 19.25 and the vivo has a 59" height limit and the TB is 57". But both have the 100lb weight limit. The TB turns into a backless for down the road but the vivo doesnt. So thats something to consider.

April 9th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Thanks! I think I'm just going to save for a bit,and get him the PW. It's what I REALLY want him in.. I just can't get over the SecureGuard feature. I like that a lot.
Thanks for your help!
April 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
While the PKWY is the only booster with the SG clip, there are other boosters on the market designed to prevent submarining (which is what the SG clip does). Some boosters are slanted downward towards the back of the seat, this is one of those features. The PKWY is also perfectly safe to use without the SG clip. Submarining is really only a major issue with really tiny (below 40 pounds) booster riders. Honestly, at 60 pounds, as long as the seat belt fits properly, I wouldn't be concerned with whether the booster has an SG clip or not.
April 10th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Hmm thanks Erica! I didn't know that! I'll talk to DH tonight and see what he thinks we should do.. You know me, I love my Britax seats,so,I think that's another reason I'm stuck on getting him the Parkway
April 11th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Going to put him back in the Regent for a few weeks until I can save up for the Parkway He hasn't completely grown out of it,and has asked to go back in it because the 'brown seat(Apex) isn't comfy on my bottom momma'

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search