Please help 3 in a row in an H3

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Hi ladies, I need your help. We are expecting our third daughter at the end of August. We just bought an H3 last night and when we went to install our current car seats (Evenflo Triumph and Graco Nautilus) in the back seat it was very clear that an infant seat will NOT fit in between them. My daughters are 4 1/2 (roughly 40 pounds) and 3 (roughly 38 pounds) and I'd like to keep them in harnesses as long as possible but we also need to fit all three of them in the back seat side by side.

Any recommendations as to what 3 seats to get - one needs to be able to work for a new born.

Thank you so much!
May 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
The Sunshine Kids Radian/Diono XRT is very narrow...we plan to do three across with them in a Toyota Land Cruiser. You will have to try it out to see, but I bet 2 Radians and one infant seat will fit!
Mountain~Mama likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 6th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Do you know how wide the Sunshine Kids Radian/Diono XRT is?

I was looking at this >
Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target

and it's only 19.5 inches wide. The most narrow I've been able to find so far.
May 6th, 2012, 06:25 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Just went out to measure. The widest part of the bottom/seat is 14". The widest part of the back is 17.5".

Melissa & DH

May 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Just FYI...the Diono website lists the seat as 17" wide.

Melissa & DH

May 6th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I believe the Diono ones are a bit wider than Sunshine Kids since they added the booster part. I haven't gotten my Frontier85 yet but I've heard they can be wide.

made by BAM

May 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't think they added any width, or even changed the seat at all (other than adding the booster mode)? I think they just added the belt guides for booster mode?
May 7th, 2012, 11:20 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
The Frontier 85 is bigger than the Nautilus and Triumph. It is seriously huge. I have a Mazda CX-9 (probably a smidge bigger than the H3's backseat), and I have a FFing SK Radian, RFing Graco SnugRide 30, and a RFing SK Radian in there right now. The infant seat base should fit under the Triumph since that seat is super high, but I think a Radian is in your future. The good news is that the new ones turn into boosters so it will last a really long time especially since you have 3 kids who can use it at some point.
May 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobain's Mommy View Post
I believe the Diono ones are a bit wider than Sunshine Kids since they added the booster part. I haven't gotten my Frontier85 yet but I've heard they can be wide.
Diono says they are 17" wide, and I measured my SK Radian at 17.5" (I was being generous to make sure I didn't underestimate width), so I don't think they are wider at all.

Melissa & DH

August 30th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I know this is an old thread, but hopefully you see it and can respond. I am due with number three in November and wanted to know if the three across in the H3 worked for you and if so what combination did you end up with? Thanks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search