CPST ladies.. Erica and Maddie especially, anyone feel free to chime in!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

Last edited by Mommy2Maddox; July 24th, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
May 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh the ignorance of the Britax Bubble.
May 25th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Alexa5
The way I see it though is that I would rather have people excited about a quality carseat, regardless of the brand, than those that don't care at all. I like Britax so I can understand people that want to brag them up, and they are good seats.

Sure, other seats are just as safe, but isn't it great they care about it and want to get what they think is the best for their child?

Just some thoughts on the matter....
May 25th, 2012, 01:02 PM
The the fact is that Britax is not the BEST. It is not the safeEST. They aren't saying that in their opinion, Britax is the best seat. They are trying to say that it IS the best seat and any other seat is inferior. That is not the truth, and the Britax Bubble is ridiculous.

I think it is great when people care about their child's safety. I think it is great when a parent loves a specific seat. I think it is absolutely ridiculous when someone makes false claims and makes others feel like their child isn't as safe or important because they don't have the most expensive car seat on the market.

Britax (and other car seat manufacturers) have wonderful marketing teams and they know exactly how to word things to make parents fall for their gimics. All 5 point harness car seats offer side impact protection, yet Britax markets "True Side Impact" ... like it is the only seat that offers it. Umm, no. The $50 Cosco Scenera has SIP too. Car seats either pass or fail, we don't know which ones pass by the skin of their teeth and which ones pass with flying colors. So, to say something is THE BEST and THE SAFEST is just ridiculous.
May 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes, that.

It is awesome when people are excited about safety, but when they make other parents feel like they are putting their kids in danger because they don't spend $250 on a seat, that is wrong. Also, someone can go buy a Britax that doesn't install properly in their car and then it is definitely NOT safe, but they might think so just because of the label.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I fully agree. Britax is a great brand and some people love their seats, and that's totally fine. But you can't go around telling people that ONLY Britax is safe and that everyone needs to buy new seats or you're putting your child in danger. There are a lot of great seats out there.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 26th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
I totally agree. We have 2 Britax seats and a Radian XTSL and I love them all but it really bugged me at how ignorant she was being. I know from this board that Britax seats are NOT safER than any other seat lol.

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

May 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Alexa5
I TOTALLY get what you are all saying, and I don't disagree. I was just saying I would rather hear about someone excited about car seats and safety versus much of the other stuff I read and hear from people that do completely unsafe things.

I guess I will not say anything next time...I feel a bit like what I thought was an innocent comment was clearly not to some.
May 29th, 2012, 04:21 AM
You can say whatever you want Sometimes we agree, but it is certainly ok to disagree too. I see where you are coming from, and I would feel the same way if they weren't spouting off misinformation and making other parents feel like their seats weren't safe. Don't get us wrong, we are happy that this mother wants her child to be so safe and is into car seat safety. We just wish she didn't live in the Britax Bubble, and would realize that it isn't the Holy Grail.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search