Britax Frontier vs Evenflo Maestro

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Alexa5
Okay, so I promise I am not in the Britax bubble.... I really like Britax but understand other seats are just as safe. That said, I can't help but want a Britax Frontier. The story is that my 3 year old is getting closer to outgrowing his Britax Boulevard, and even though he hasn't outgrown it, he is a tall kid and looks like he is ready for the next level of car seat.

So, I recently installed the Evenflo Maestro we bought previously as a travel seat. And he looks much better...it just looks like a better fit for his age and size, and he seemed to like the change. I don't have any particular issues with the Maestro so to speak, but my plan was/is to buy Frontiers for both cars--the Maestro was just kind of a test to see if I wanted to do it sooner rather than later.

Part of me wonders if I am being silly to not just use the Maestro in one of the cars, but at the same time I do think the Frontier appears to be a higher quality seat (not in safety but in overall design and comfort).

Can anyone share what it is they like about the Frontier/don't like, and same thing on the Maestro (though there are far fewer people using that seat from what I can tell online). I have read the reviews and such on both, but just wanting some feedback here. Thanks...
May 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have both, I even have a Graco Nautilus. The Froniter 85 is in my van, the Maestro is in my parents' van, and the Nautilus gets used in my sister's Traverse.

I like the Maestro, but the straps really rub Isabel's neck because they're so close together and there are no harness covers. I love our Frontier 85. It is a beast to install, but I love it. The Frontier 85 has taller harness heights, by a couple of inches. It also makes a better booster, if you plan to use it as such. The Maestro makes a decent booster, as far as belt fit, but it does not adjust taller than where the headrest already is. It will be outgrown by height at the same time the harness is outgrown by height.

Have you looked at the Graco Nautilus? Harness height wise, it is about the same as the Maestro, maybe a half inch taller. It converts to a booster that fits most children pretty well. It is cheaper than the Frontier 85, but more expensive than the Maestro.

I like our Nautilus and Frontier 85 pretty equally, but the Nautilus is easier to install.
May 30th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Alexa5
I think that if I am going to buy another seat it will definitely be the Frontier. I really liked our Boulevard and most of the reviews I have read about the Frontier have been great. I appreciate your input. In the end I am pretty sure I will end up with 2 Frontiers, and probably sooner than I had planned. He just seems to look so much more comfortable now that he is in the Maestro, so that type of seat seems perfect for him.... but for whatever reason every time I look at the Maestro it just doesn't feel like the seat I want to use long term.

I should just get it over with and order the 2 new seats :-)

Editing to add that I bought the seats! I ended up ordering from diapers.com so I could get them quickly, even though they cost a little more than amazon. They have a good return policy too, so that is good. Once I decide to get something, I hate waiting for it :-)

Last edited by Alexa5; May 31st, 2012 at 06:42 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search