tall shell convertibles

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
I noticed today that my almost 19 month old is right up at the top of the shell rear facing in a trumph 65. He is just over 33 lbs and 37-38 inches tall (he's a beast wearing 3t-4t lol)

I want to keep him rear facing as long as possible, but a radian is way out of.my price range (single mom with dead beat dad). What other seat will get him to 2 if not longer?

Thank you soooo much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

August 24th, 2012, 01:15 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
What is his torso height? Have him sit on the floor with his back against the wall. Measure from the floor to his shoulder.

If a Radian is out of the question, what is your budget? Also be sure to measure your DS in the Triumph 65. If there's less than 1" between the top of his head and the top of the seat, he cannot use it RFing anymore.

Your DS is bigger than my DD who at 3y3m is 29lbs and 36-37" LOL.
August 24th, 2012, 07:09 AM
rugby_girl's Avatar <3 my boy :)
Send a message via AIM to rugby_girl
I can measure him tonight when he gets home from daycare... He sat in the evenflo chase i have for my nephew when I baby sit (its in the living room cuz its not installed) and his shoulders were just below the top harness slot on that... Not sure what the harness slot height is. He is long torso'd

Thank you soooo much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Jaime, single mommy to Austin (2/8/11)

August 24th, 2012, 10:05 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Well, that gives me an idea about his torso height. This is a new seat, but it might fit the bill. The Graco MySize 70. Its harness height is about an inch taller than the Triumph, but it has an additional 4 inches in the shell. Check out some pics with a real child here. Looks like they're around $180. If you really wanted one, this Diono Radian is $200. The First Years True Fit might also work. It's $145 right now. Actually, the True Fit RF limit is 35lbs. Scratch that.

Because your toddler is really big for his age, you're going to need to spend some money to get him RFing to 2 (or longer). There are no "cheap" options in your situation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search