WWYD... infant carrier (edited)

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby #4 is due October 30th and we have yet to buy a carseat. The carrier we used for the other 3 kids expires in December. (Graco snugride 22lb model). So we definitely need a new carrier and since this is our last I wanted to 'splurge' with a girly print instead of boring gender neutral our old seat was. I fell in love with the graco snugride 35 in sable Graco® Snugride® 35 Infant Car Seat - Sable™*-*buybuy BABY for $170. But now my dh has had a lot of unforeseen dental work. We can still save up for it but that pushes back getting it closer to my due date. Then I was looking for cheaper options and found the snugride 30 in mirabella print Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat - Mirabella - Graco - Babies "R" Us for $140. So my question is, would it be worth it to spend $30 more to get the 35lb/32 inch model? We obviously would have to get a convertible later on anyway, but when is questionable. My DD outgrew the 22lb model at 6 months old yet my DS#2 didn't outgrow the same carrier until he was about 15 months old! Also I saw evenflo has a 35lb model Evenflo Embrace 35 Infant Car Seat - Breakout - Evenflo - Babies "R" Us for way cheaper but honestly I know nothing about evenflo carseats, we've always used graco seats or 1 cosco scenera which we hated.

So opinions on which carrier would work best for a budget yet still get use for longer than 6 months and have to buy a convertible sooner rather than anyway?

ETA: so I found a snugride 35 for only $135, obviously I would sacrifice getting a cute print for a higher limit. So now it's really graco 35 for $135 vs. Evenflo 35?

Last edited by clm817; August 24th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
August 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
WrightWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Buy buy baby has a deal where if you sign up for their e-mail you get a 20% off coupon...and you can sign up as many e-mail accounts as you want. They have the same offer through text. Point being, 20% off of $170 is $34 making the seat you really wanted only $136...looks like you can have your cake and eat it too

September 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Either of those models should get you well past 6 months of age unless your child has an abnormally long torso.
September 7th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
the bigger weight means for longer in a infant seat u may just get like a my ride convertible seat and skip a infant seat how soon do you need the seat and if u have old expired carseats bring them to baby's r us they give u a 20% off for expired seats
September 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately we do not live anywhere close to a BRU so the trade in event is out as well as seeing these seats in person which is my biggest problem. No where else sells any of them in store so it will be ordered online. We live in central pa and have some harsh winters and having a newborn winter baby I do not want to sacrifice the carrier. Especially having 3 other kids makes things difficult in itself. We already decided to get the evenflo embrace 35. Since we will eventually get a convertible (another my ride, DS#2 has this seat and I love it), I just can't justify spending even $135 on a carrier that will only be used for 1 child when I can get a higher weight limit carrier for only $90. But thanks for the suggestions!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search